Home

NHL 15 Review (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Review (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
They already said they will patch in more modes. I don't have a problem with the game right now, just waiting for the patches.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2
I'm with Hockeynutt99 and Vermin...from what I've seen in the demo, the gameplay is really solid. I love season mode and franchise mode but the reality is all I really play are online games, games against friends, and Ultimate Team and all three of those seem solid (based on the reviews I'm reading). Thanks for the review, this with the opportunity to play demo puts me in the camp of "definite buy".
Old 09-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 15 Review (XB1/PS4)

It's too bad all of the modes are missing because this game is pretty fun on the ice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
I haven't played an NHL season since 2013 but was anticipating the opportunity to play on PS4 after enjoying the demo. The only mode I favor is Be-a-GM. I have enjoyed playing the new game and to be honest, I throw more emotions into playing an NHL 15 game than I do into Madden — it's just something about hockey that's different. I am greatly disappointed in not being to draft which completely shutters any reason to spend any time scouting. I'm also hesitant to go too far into my season not knowing if I'll have to restart after the implementation of the draft that EA is promising drops in October. So, all-in-all, having fun with it.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Its quite sad that gameplay isn't the most important thing when reviewing a game. After all, that's the core of a game and the reason why we play them in the first place. No way this game is a 5.5/10, I wouldn't give it a 9 but a 5.5? That's way to low, thats close to the game being broken or it has a ton of glitches. If the main reason why the score is low is because of not enough features, thats incredibly disappointing . I skimmed through most of it, I don't recall anything about the confirmed patch that implements some of the missing features already
Old 09-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #14
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I love the gameplay & the look of the game but to have so many missing features & modes missing to me the game had to get low scores. I don't play much of the modes myself as I usually just setup matchups in play now. There is supposed be something for everyone & sadly there isn't. To be patching in 3 stars & basic modes reflects the game wasn't done. When you look at what the other sports games are producing NHL 15 is lagging behind badly. To skip last year on next gen is even more disappointing what was put out. To me the series is at a crossroads either they put more resources into the series or we could be seeing the beginning of the end of the series.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #15
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
I am having a blast with it. Puck bounces all over the place which is a welcome change. While it is missing features they are modes I didnt play much anyways so doesnt bother me as much as others
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Damn I hate most of you I was going to hold out until the game dropped and that is VERY HARD because I hadn't had a hockey game in a while. I was going to not buy it mainly cause lack of modes.. Funny thing is that I wouldn't use most of them anyways but it's the point that companies can put out half butt stuff and get away with it.. However, I am hearing the game is fun and I'm on the fence! Thanks all

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »