Home

FIFA 15 to Ramp Up Security for Players

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 to Ramp Up Security for Players within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 15 to Ramp Up Security for Players

EA has updated us officially in a post on their forums about upcoming security measures being taken to protect FIFA players online in the hugely popular FUT mode:

Quote:
"Hello, FIFA fans.

Today we’d like to share a few in-game changes that are coming to FUT 15 as part of our ongoing initiative to improve security and the FIFA 15 experience. This is related to our recent article regarding coin selling and buying: http://help.ea.com/en/article/fighti...can-stay-safe/.

Trade Offers
We’ll be removing Trade Offers from FIFA 15 Ultimate Team.

Although some honest players used this feature to trade with friends, it became one of the methods used by coin sellers to sell and move coins. Account phishers also abused Trade Offers by moving stolen players and coins after wrongfully gaining access to unsuspecting FUT player accounts.

This will also address “bid bumping”, where people would try and trick others into bidding far more than they wanted for a player item.

It was a tough decision, but this is the right step towards improving security, showing cheaters the red card, and keeping FUT safe for all FIFA fans.

Transfer Targets
The maximum number of Transfer Targets in FUT 15 will be set 50 player items after utilizing the EAS FC unlockable boosts. This means that you will be allowed to bid on up to 50 players at a time.

Origin Login Verification
Origin Login Verification is an extra layer of security that protects your FUT account from being accessed outside of your home console and PC. In order to ensure increased security for our fans, Origin Login Verification will be mandatory in the near future before you access the FUT 15 Web App. Find out how to set it up here: <http://help.ea.com/en/article/fifa-1...-verification/ >

We’ll be sure to keep you updated on all matters regarding security in FUT. Stay tuned on Twitter for any further information, and thanks for your understanding as we work to improve your experience with FIFA 15.

Thanks,
The FIFA Team"
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
i just think they are trying to up their profits. by making you spend more money on fifa points and try to get messi or ronaldo. Its impossible to get a ton of coins by playing games with the small amount of coins they give you for playing a game. This is why i stopped playing FUT since 13. those who had their accouns hacked probably fell for the spam on youtube.

Solution:
Give more coins for playing matches.
Lower pack prices
Offer coins along side packs with fifa points
Old 09-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 15 to Ramp Up Security for Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
i just think they are trying to up their profits. by making you spend more money on fifa points and try to get messi or ronaldo. Its impossible to get a ton of coins by playing games with the small amount of coins they give you for playing a game. This is why i stopped playing FUT since 13. those who had their accouns hacked probably fell for the spam on youtube.

Solution:
Give more coins for playing matches.
Lower pack prices
Offer coins along side packs with fifa points
Also how about not give out such rubbish in packs?

I've played FUT pretty regularly since FIFA12 and I've never once landed a player such as Messi, CR7, Bale, Ibra, Rooney, RVP any '14 legend etc in a pack.

The packs contain total crap, forcing people to have to purchase the super expensive players, so of course they seek to buy black market coins instead playing the pack game which you'll never win.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
Rookie

if they did this and made it too easy to have these best players, then everyone would have superstar teams and the team variety btwn players would be limited. I like how it's hard to get the best players and limiting the coin boosting/buying is going to stop some players from being able to get these super teams.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
if they did this and made it too easy to have these best players, then everyone would have superstar teams and the team variety btwn players would be limited. I like how it's hard to get the best players and limiting the coin boosting/buying is going to stop some players from being able to get these super teams.
But it's not just hard to find great players in packs... it's borderline impossible. I've been playing FUT since FIFA 11 and while I've never spent a dime of real money, I've opened plenty of Gold packs through pre-order bonuses, coin purchases, etc. In that entire time the best player I've found is something like a standard Yaya Toure. That's four years of pack opening without a truly stellar player.

Mind you I'm not complaining, it's easy enough to buy/sell legitimately and get the players you want through profit (most of them anyway). But anyone who thinks opening packs is the key to finding great players is deluding themselves, unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm against stopping coin selling even though I don't play FUT anymore. Usually I'm opposed to buying a team with real money but in FUT it takes literal days to grind to get good players because of how rare they are in packs and coin sellers help people get the players they want.
This is typical EA greed since they want people to only buy from them.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #7
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
There should be a happy medium. There could always be more leagues/tournaments with requirements that don't allow superstar teams.

I have been playing/learning FIFA 14 on my iPad and I get like 400-500 coins/match (is that similar to console?). I see players for 'sale' on the market for 10,000+ and think how in the world will I ever save enough for just ONE player--and then to just start ALL over.

While I do agree with you in that it should not be 'too easy'--you should get rewarded more points for matches so as to be able to buy more packs and enjoy the mode more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »