Home

PES 2015 Demo Trailer

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Demo Trailer within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PES 2015 Demo Trailer

It's a shame that the whole package (midfield battles, build-up play by cpu) is ruined by the bad gk's and the complete lack of fouls.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
It's a shame that the whole package (midfield battles, build-up play by cpu) is ruined by the bad gk's and the complete lack of fouls.
Sounds like FIFA.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Seems like the goalkeepers suck lol. All I saw was gol gol gol! FIFA graphics looks better as well. I'm getting fifa, but I will still play this demo because I've never played PES.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrRager_
Seems like the goalkeepers suck lol. All I saw was gol gol gol! FIFA graphics looks better as well. I'm getting fifa, but I will still play this demo because I've never played PES.
I'm not quite sure where the bad GK AI was in those videos. I have looked at all of the goals in those videos numerous times looking for trademark PES poor keeper AI and have failed to see it. What I saw was:

Atletico - Real Video:

1st Goal (Ronaldo) - Killer through-ball by Alonso (hopefully this isn't an issue again as it was in 2011) to an ELITE finisher. Keeper tries to come out and realizes he can't get to the ball. Ronaldo takes it on the 1-time. Ronaldo should finish this chance 9X out of 10. Maybe the keeper could have closed the angle but he would have easily gotten beaten near-post.

2nd goal (Mandzukic) - Perfectly placed low driven shot. Manduzkic on his strong foot with a great angle. Not only that but you have Pepe (who over-ran it) & Ramos (sticking out a leg) blocking Iker's line of sight:

Positionally, I thought Iker was OK and his slightly late dive could have been attributed to not seeing it.

3rd goal (Mandzukic) - sloppy giveaway by Marcelo stemming from the user trying to dribble out of trouble instead of clearing the danger. 1 pass from Raul Garcia and Mario is in on the keeper. Simple left-footed finish into the bottom corner. Not much Iker or any keeper could do when you give the ball away that close to goal. There simply isn't that much time to react.

I can live with all of those. What I saw was keepers coming off their lines quickly and aggressively, parrying the ball wide out of harms way and making all the saves they should be with the correct animations (one-handed dives instead of 2 when applicable).

I agree with you regarding the fouls though. I really wish PES would call more fouls when you're bumped/hit while kicking. There was a Mandzukic shot from the top of the box where he got hit, couldn't finish his animation, yet still got loads of power on the shot. That should have resulted in a foul AND a scuffed shot.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I think fouls will be fine. Its not an issue where they've more or less been coded out of the game, like in FIFA. The engine has it, you just have to attack and defend in the right way. Fully assisted passing and/or anything below Top Player difficulty will result in almost no fouls, I'm sure.

PES 2014 after it's final patch was arcade-y as hell, with the potential for the type of play we've seen in these videos, but fouls were there if you wanted them. To a fault, almost.

Last edited by dubcity; 09-16-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #14
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Any sign of the demo dropping on the UK PSN store yet? I just created my UK account last night in great anticipation of the demo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »