Home

NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

The NHL 2K series is making a return on iOS and Android devices (screenshots here). Find out more details about the game and whether or not they have plans for a console return, in our interview with Chris Snyder, VP of Marketing at 2K.

Check out the full press release below.

NHL 2K Coming Soon to the App Store & Google Play

Famed hockey series returns this fall with a new All-Star experience for mobile devices

2K today announced the hard-hitting action of the NHL is returning to mobile devices with NHL® 2K. Co-developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, and Virtuos Games, NHL 2K will arrive this fall for iOS and Android devices as a premium mobile game for $7.99.

NHL fans and mobile game enthusiasts will enjoy NHL 2K’s enhanced graphics and compelling new features, including a detailed My Career mode; fast-paced, three-on-three mini-game; and first-ever multiplayer options, allowing fans to play in a turn-based shootout against their friends. In addition, the NHL 2K universe will continually expand with roster updates, enabling players to routinely add new talent to their teams as they compete to win the highly coveted Stanley Cup® Championship.

A complete list of NHL 2K features includes:

- Classic game modes, including NHL Winter Classic®, Free Skate and Shootout;

- New immersive My Career mode;

- New three-on-three competitive Mini-Rink game;

- New multiplayer options;

- Live roster updates;

- MFi Controller compatibility, NHL GameCenter LIVE™ connectivity and iCloud support (for iOS only).

NHL 2K will be available for download later this fall from the App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for $7.99.

Platform: Android / iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
2k bring back hockey to consoles! Save us from EA!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

At least this is a start. Makes sense for 2K to reintroduce a franchise using the mobile platform as it saves on a lot of money in development. Hopefully, this will give them an opportunity to regain a foothold and bring it back to consoles.

(Wishful thinking) Maybe this could transition to 2K reintroducing football at some point.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
At least this is a start. Makes sense for 2K to reintroduce a franchise using the mobile platform as it saves on a lot of money in development. Hopefully, this will give them an opportunity to regain a foothold and bring it back to consoles.

(Wishful thinking) Maybe this could transition to 2K reintroducing football at some point.
If they bring back football i might have an anxiety attack. I loved their football game and would be ecstatic if they brought it back. Madden and the NHL series are such a dissapointment on next gen. Theyre pretty but not like 2k's basketball. I can only imagine what NHL2k or NFL2k would look like and play like. 2k has such an attention to detail that EA lacks.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13
Just a disappointment that they are only doing mobile (for now anyway). I miss the 2K sports series, hockey and football. Personally, I cannot play a sports game on my iPhone. My iPhone is for e-mail, internet, and games like Angry Bird and Traffic Rush. Come back to the PC and/or consoles!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0
I really hope this leads to a return on consoles in the near future. I can't handle being a die hard hockey fan and having EA hockey or nothing (in which this year I chose nothing). Unfortunately I think 2K bringing the series back to consoles will be tied to bringing 2K football back also...and with EA holding that NFL exclusive license, I'm not going to get my hopes up. Main reason EA got the NFL license is because 2K started kicking their A55e5 around 2003...and instead of putting up with competition they just bought the exclusive license so there was no competition. Hence why EA can put out mediocrity on an annual basis and people still pay $60 for it every year...cause that's the only option!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
If there was ever a time for 2K to get back in the hockey market, the time is now. 2K needs to stop playing around with this phone app and go all out with a return to consoles. If done right, they could take over EA's reign in the hockey market in one year. It's best to challenge EA now while their series is on life support.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #8
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
They damn near have more options and modes then NHL15...lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »