Home

NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

Well this is how it starts, if we support this they will make it to the bigger platforms. Its all about to money. I am definitely going to buy this.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Yeah, I'm with Balrog... I'll buy this and truthfully probably never play it on mobile, but in hopes that it resurrects a console game to compete with EA's BS game. $7.99 is a tolerable donation!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 2K Series Making a Return to Mobile Devices with MyCAREER Mode

Plz, bring NHL 2k for the new console-system AND for the PC!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 33
Hopefully this is 2K testing the water with a return to console hockey possibly on the horizon.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #13
Banned

Think about this... NHL2K5... had better presentation than NHL15 does (PS4/XB1) today!!! Remember your "Crib"??? With your trophy collections, air hockey, jersey collections, and the jukebox!!!! Not to mention the in game intermission analysis and around the league updates... EA STILL DOESN'T HAVE THAT and this stuff was in 2K games a little over 10 years ago!!!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I thought this was a discussion on 2k's mobile game, not an EA bashing party.

What I will say in EA's defense is that they are the only hockey game because it was clearly better. There was no exclusivity to the NHL product. 2k left because it didn't have sells and because it had an inferior game.

I don't think this is a spring board into consoles. I think this is strictly niche market play. There are mobile football games, baseball games, etc., but I cannot think of any real mobile hockey games. They could probably leverage some old infrastructure and make a few dollars. It would be interesting to see if 2k would entertain returning to football via a NCAA title.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
Banned

Sorry... you must work for EA. How's that going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #16
Banned

...actually if you're old enough to remember the ESPN NHL2K3-2K6 games, or the ESPN NFL2K series. They were far better than what EA offered during those years. EA finally got their act together around 2008 and 2K did fall off. However, EA has done next to nothing innovative to their NHL (or Madden for that matter) series since. Why because they have zero competition!!! I mean if you want zero consumer choice and a place to fork over a meaningless $60 every year... I'll give you my address... we'll meet once every September... you hand me $60, I kick you in the nutz and we'll call it even!!! I have not bought Madden since 2010... really Madden15 is the same, better visuals. I haven't bought EA's NHL since 2012, again, exactly the same thing... year after year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »