Home

FIFA 15 Early Access Available Now Through EA Access with a 6 Hour Limit

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Early Access Available Now Through EA Access with a 6 Hour Limit within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #9
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 15 Early Access Available Now Through EA Access with a 6 Hour Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
Doesn't seem to want to let me queue it up via Smartglass while I'm at work (just sits there saying loading when I tap 'Get it Free EA Access'), so I guess it'll probably be tomorrow that I get to try it out by the time it downloads tonight.

Oh well.
Glad to know its not just me. Same exact issue..dunno what is up.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #10
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I just want to float this out there, in case EA actually reads anything here. 6 hours is an odd choice. 5 makes sense and so does 10, 15 does too. Let's ignore numerical logic... Right now they could do themselves and consumers who chose to do it a real favor.

If you preorder an EA game that is going to have early access they should provide you with a code, that code will triple your early access time. Now 6 hours becomes 18, the consumer is rewarded for pre-purchasing, EA gets a very possible sale, people are happy.

You could make this even more interesting...pre-ordering the game at full purchase price gives you unlimited access to the early access release. Or just keep rolling these things out with a 6 hour limit.
This is EA we're talking about, they tend to have a history of not doing things very logically.

Why would EA want the customer to have a fun, enjoyable experience? I'm starting to think they like making a tweet & receiving 400 responses of "I hate you EA you dumb $%#&^$ $^#^".
Old 09-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
This is EA we're talking about, they tend to have a history of not doing things very logically.

Why would EA want the customer to have a fun, enjoyable experience? I'm starting to think they like making a tweet & receiving 400 responses of "I hate you EA you dumb $%#&^$ $^#^".
Whenever they do a "FUT maintenance" tweet I always read the responses. Pure comedy gold. Man, people loathe EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I just want to float this out there, in case EA actually reads anything here. 6 hours is an odd choice. 5 makes sense and so does 10, 15 does too. Let's ignore numerical logic... Right now they could do themselves and consumers who chose to do it a real favor.

If you preorder an EA game that is going to have early access they should provide you with a code, that code will triple your early access time. Now 6 hours becomes 18, the consumer is rewarded for pre-purchasing, EA gets a very possible sale, people are happy.

You could make this even more interesting...pre-ordering the game at full purchase price gives you unlimited access to the early access release. Or just keep rolling these things out with a 6 hour limit.
as much as I would like it to be like season pass with unlimited access, the trade-off of having the vault games, trying 5 full days early, and still getting to use the trial post release is a fair enough. 6 hours does seem weird and un-"even", however I am sure they have a strategic resources team to do some number crunching to land at that number.

Or I could be way off, and they thought 5 was too short, 10 too long, so hey maybe we should go with 6.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

I know I am beating a dead horse - but the thing that bothers me the most is not that it's 6 hours. It's that it a step back from Season Ticket. I love the free games and such but truth be told I would rather have season ticket privileges if I had to choose.

But oh well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #14
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

If I pre-ordered the disc at Gamestop, and then choose to subscribe to Access for 1 month, I can play for 6 hours yes? If I make progress in CM or FUT, is it saved for when I continue with the disc next week?

Pardon my ignorance, and TIA!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #15
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
If I pre-ordered the disc at Gamestop, and then choose to subscribe to Access for 1 month, I can play for 6 hours yes? If I make progress in CM or FUT, is it saved for when I continue with the disc next week?

Pardon my ignorance, and TIA!

Correct, and you won't have to install from disc on Tuesday again. It'll still be on your machine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Joet, possibly. It just shows they are not in touch with gamers. Many gamers would knock out a 5 or 6 hour session in one night.

I would guess an average time for most gamers would be 2-3 hours a night, (just guessing, I have no idea, it's most likely more, 4/5 hours a night). So 2 maybe 3 days access at most over a 5 day period with 6 hours.

I honestly think they would have way less complaints if they went 10 hours. Then most gamers with OCD could just go ahead and budget 2 hours a night for 5 nights.

It all just doesn't sit right after reading the Andrew Wilson article in the newest game informer magazine. He states quite clearly that he thinks the best way for EA to rid themselves of the worst company tag is to bring gaming back the gamers. He says in a 1-2-3 order it goes Gamers, company employees and then shareholders.

6 hours seems like a shareholders decision. No gamer would say hey gimme just 6 hours over 5 days, that will whet my appetite.

I am going to grab the FIFA access, play 3 hours tonight and 3 hours tomorrow night and then get the season pass version on 360. Without the season pass feature I think I would cancel the EA access. Oh well I bought a year of the EA access, I was just hoping after 6 with Madden and 6 with NHL that FIFA would break the mold, looks like 6 it is for the duration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »