Home

Super Mega Baseball is Coming to PS3 and PS4

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball is Coming to PS3 and PS4 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #17
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Looks like Power Pros and if they can get it close to that trust me it may look like it but you can't label that an arcade game. Power pros still has some of the best ball physics I have seen in a baseball game. Was insanely addicting as well. This is one I will definitely be keeping my eye on.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Super Mega Baseball is Coming to PS3 and PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azbronco
I'd love an arcade style baseball game. Ken Griffey on the SNES was a ton of fun. There's a place for both sims and arcade IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks fun. KG on SNes was my favorite and I had last seasons teams almost all updated.

Since it is a arcade game, and I do dig that and think there is a place for it, the same reason I fire up KG Baseball or old school RBI for fun.....the 50 second mark, 1-5-4 double play by the cpu (or player even worse) made me cringe. haha.

That being said, about time for a good old school, customize able game. Many hours in my youth on Baseball Stars, Super Baseball SIm 1.000 etc. Good stuff here.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Like others hopefully it is like Power Pros in the stats/physics. Was upset MLB Bobbleheads sold so poorly since that gave me hope that Power Pros could come back since that hitting style/gameplay/physics etc to me is much more enjoyable than what I see form more 'realistic' games like The Show.

I have been contemplating trying to import the Japanese version of games just to play them since the MLB license isn't import to me. Looks like a nice intro to a new series that I assume the hoped to get out for baseball season but I guess better late then never.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #20
Banned

When does it release?
Old 09-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #21
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Looks great. I'll be picking this up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #22
Rookie

I really think 2k need to start making their baseball game again,
Gamers are idiots- and 2k should have realized all they needed to do,was give prettier graphics and animations,when competing with the show,,,that's the first thing to give these sheep,reAly pretty graphics and animations and the rest can always be worked on
Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabish
I really think 2k need to start making their baseball game again,
Gamers are idiots- and 2k should have realized all they needed to do,was give prettier graphics and animations,when competing with the show,,,that's the first thing to give these sheep,reAly pretty graphics and animations and the rest can always be worked on
Problem with 2k and baseball is like EA with basketball, they dont have the competent developers that their competitor has and why they cant compete. IMO competition is great and I think as gamers its best if a game has competition, but even when 2k made baseball they werent any type of competition to MLBTS, jut like EA basketball vs NBA2k, I think ll EA basketball does is probably give the NBA2k devs a good laugh.

I think the reason MLBTS is always so good, as well as NBA2k usually being great each year is because they have a development team that are diehard fans of that sport, so I think their heart and sould goes into those games.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #24
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I love the idea, but there has to be a Franchise mode un these types of games for me to invest a lot of time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »