Home

Madden NFL 15 Week 3 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Week 3 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Week 3 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Really, T. Richardson went down? Did they even watch that game? He ran hard, even the announces said that was the best he look since coming to the Colts! Should have gone up 2!
Especially since its obvious Colts Oline sucks , both Bradshaw and Trent were tackled immediately after the hand off behind the LoS a lot because guys upfront couldnt block for sh*t , i agree that T.Rich should have gotten boost if anything , Bradshaw too imo .

Edit: Bradshaw got 1point boost but the stats that they gave him are meaningless like + carrying and catching ... give him ball carrier vision for gods sake .

Last edited by lisinas; 09-19-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't get how Donny can give a player -6 one week... who hasen't even played a down yet in the nfl this yr... then he gets signed by the browns 2 week's ago and then Donny does the smart thing and REMOVES him from game completely... im talking about LT Vinston Painter....

also he missed that we released our back up RT 2 weeks ago as well yet he's still on the team... lmfao and this is all from the site that he worships and says all other sites are wrong im talking about ourlads.

im sorry but for a guy who's job it is to have accurate rosters dude flat out stinks at it... I mean there's ppl on here who have done more accurate rosters then he puts out for EA myself included.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

Look, I'm not going to rip Danny and the job he does on these rosters overall as far as grading players. It's understandably hard to judge 53 players (plus some on the practice squad) for all 32 teams. That's over 1,700 players.

As a Patriots fan, though, I don't understand why Solder gets a -2 while two other of our offensive linemen get positives. Solder is arguably the only great/above-average player on our line. Our line isn't below average, but it's pretty close. Downgrading Solder while upgrading two other players, I don't understand.

Also, getting the 53 man roster correct for all 32 teams should be the EASIEST portion of his job. I can go to any site that tracks transactions (CBS Sports, Ourlads, ESPN, etc.) and see that the Patriots cut their third QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson last week and the Browns RT Hauptman is no longer with the team and hasn't been with the team in days. I went through and corrected these myself, so someone being paid to do this should be able to correct these things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
Look, I'm not going to rip Danny and the job he does on these rosters overall as far as grading players. It's understandably hard to judge 53 players (plus some on the practice squad) for all 32 teams. That's over 1,700 players.

As a Patriots fan, though, I don't understand why Solder gets a -2 while two other of our offensive linemen get positives. Solder is arguably the only great/above-average player on our line. Our line isn't below average, but it's pretty close. Downgrading Solder while upgrading two other players, I don't understand.

Also, getting the 53 man roster correct for all 32 teams should be the EASIEST portion of his job. I can go to any site that tracks transactions (CBS Sports, Ourlads, ESPN, etc.) and see that the Patriots cut their third QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson last week and the Browns RT Hauptman is no longer with the team and hasn't been with the team in days. I went through and corrected these myself, so someone being paid to do this should be able to correct these things.
According to PFF Nate Solder has had two games where he graded negatively. Volmer is currently the Pats highest rated lineman.

When you look at PFF his ratings make more sense. It could be he uses PFF as a resource, or it could be that both he and PFF see the same things.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
Jenkins +3
Sproles +3
Ryans +2
Peters +1
Kelce +1
Logan +1

Trent Cole, Herremans, Nate Allen, Casey Matthews, Brandon Bair -1 , Barwin, Cooper, Graham -2 .

Most of these are fair but most of the rating changes in general are ridiculous this week , Kerrigan +4 overall because he got 4 sacks against one of the worst olines in the league ? Nate Solder -2 overall because other oline patriots cant block ? Greg Jennings -2 because he didnt have a lot of yards ? Yeah who cares that he is running open all game long and QB is just not throwing him the ball , lets decrease his ratings . And probably the best of all -2 for T.Richardson , Colts oline is terrible and he ran really well against Eagles considering they cant block to save their lives , still gets -2 .
There just seems to be a lot of inconsistency. Some guys get knee jerk reactions to their ratings, while others don't. Alshon Jeffrey plays injured and was noticeably less than 100% and his rating goes down. Willie Young gets 2 sacks and his rating doesn't change. I prefer there to be minimal changes on a week to week basis to ratings
Old 09-19-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

OVR: 0
Trent Richardson went down, but why? I thought he played exceptionally well. If anything, the O-Line's ratings should go down for Run Blocking.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #15
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
There just seems to be a lot of inconsistency. Some guys get knee jerk reactions to their ratings, while others don't. Alshon Jeffrey plays injured and was noticeably less than 100% and his rating goes down. Willie Young gets 2 sacks and his rating doesn't change. I prefer there to be minimal changes on a week to week basis to ratings
I think the best way for EA to go about rating updates would be to do them every 4 or even maybe 8 weeks . Its been suggested and discussed a lot of times before but they just dont care i guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #16
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I think the best way for EA to go about rating updates would be to do them every 4 or even maybe 8 weeks . Its been suggested and discussed a lot of times before but they just dont care i guess.
I'd assume it has more to do with the everyday 'play now' player and the online player, both camps that probably would like to play with the latest rosters and who may be inspired to choose a specific team if a certain player had a big game and that is reflected in the updates.

Personally, I'm for doing them every four weeks (the obvious benefit being a larger sample size of games to help judge a player), but I can see why it's not a priority.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »