Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
How do we come to this conclusion? You've played the game?

I say that, because they haven't really "overhauled" the gameplay which is very solid. If it ain't broke, you don't fix it.

That's also not to say that they can't always improve on what they have already.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm not surprised. They have a good track record.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
You know the gameplay is on point. So is this a cost-cutting move? Does it cost THAT much money to send out a demo?
Not money...time. You dont want the demo to misrepresent the final version of the game and in order to do that you would have to wait until later in production to produce the demo. That takes away time that could be used to focus on things that will be in the retail version.

There is a reason why companies are moving away from demos. Games like NBA 2k and Madden sell themselves because of exclusivity and track record. There arent a ton of people who need a demo to convince them to buy the game. They know by now if they like 2k Basketball or Madden football.

So why release a demo that 1) wont represent the final product and 2) isnt likely to convince a ton of people to buy the game. Releasing a bad demo can be detrimental to a good game (see EA UFC) and its rare that even a good demo convinces people to buy a game thats already a mainstay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
I'm not surprised. They have a good track record.
true. demo would still be nice though. just to curb my anticipation lol
Old 09-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Not really surprising although I wonder what's the reasonning behind it. For well informed people like we are on OS I don't think it makes much difference even though it's still nice to get to play the game early, but I can only imagine how many copies it would help to sell to the guys who aren't too much into basketball or basketball games.

Last edited by Vni; 09-21-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why do people keep saying this? There are over 20 threads on this forum of games played at different events.
I keep saying that because there haven't been any officially released videos, making it really hard to come up with conclusions about the actual gameplay since they always seem to be called "older builds" by 2k staff.

Not releasing gameplay videos and not releasing a demo either are two behaviors that show a lack of confidence, at least when it comes to selling their improved gameplay.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

I am not going to base my decision on a demo, but you can never be wrong having a detail with your die hard fans and allowing them to try some of the new gameplay before release...

Cheers! ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

OVR: 0

For me the only issue is with them not confirming this kind of things. It would be an easy "yup, there is no demo this year" and this conversation would be over. And a lot of other conversations.

I do not understand this level of secrecy or lack of transparency (even more with the surreal and fantastic level of transparency they have in another topics as devs are constantly sharing their voices here).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »