Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I say that, because they haven't really "overhauled" the gameplay which is very solid. If it ain't broke, you don't fix it.

That's also not to say that they can't always improve on what they have already.
Alright bro. I think your assessment is fine. I'd rather you speak for yourself though.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not money...time. You dont want the demo to misrepresent the final version of the game and in order to do that you would have to wait until later in production to produce the demo. That takes away time that could be used to focus on things that will be in the retail version.

There is a reason why companies are moving away from demos. Games like NBA 2k and Madden sell themselves because of exclusivity and track record. There arent a ton of people who need a demo to convince them to buy the game. They know by now if they like 2k Basketball or Madden football.

So why release a demo that 1) wont represent the final product and 2) isnt likely to convince a ton of people to buy the game. Releasing a bad demo can be detrimental to a good game (see EA UFC) and its rare that even a good demo convinces people to buy a game thats already a mainstay.

I totally agree with what you're saying, but why does FIFA continue to push out a demo then?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
For me the only issue is with them not confirming this kind of things. It would be an easy "yup, there is no demo this year" and this conversation would be over. And a lot of other conversations.

I do not understand this level of secrecy or lack of transparency (even more with the surreal and fantastic level of transparency they have in another topics as devs are constantly sharing their voices here).
No competition, no need to do anything, but sit on top a pile of money.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
I keep saying that because there haven't been any officially released videos, making it really hard to come up with conclusions about the actual gameplay since they always seem to be called "older builds" by 2k staff.

Not releasing gameplay videos and not releasing a demo either are two behaviors that show a lack of confidence, at least when it comes to selling their improved gameplay.
Not really. Lets play a game. Question: What do you think is the best/most realistic version of 2k? I bet you within 30 minutes I can find 10 posts bashing/picking apart early gameplay videos of that game.

My point is that no one has ever shown me evidence that releasing early gameplay videos or a demo directly correlates with an increase in sales and thats all 2k cares about. Its not lack of confidence...its why do something that isnt likely to increase sales. Shoot, last year's game sold well without a ton of early videos and no demo.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I totally agree with what you're saying, but why does FIFA continue to push out a demo then?
Legit competition with PES and many dont consider FIFA the best soccer game when it comes to gameplay. The right demo can convince someone
that their gameplay has changed.

Thats why Live should release a demo because they are trying to convince ppl to buy its game instead of 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Not really. Lets play a game. Question: What do you think is the best/most realistic version of 2k? I bet you within 30 minutes I can find 10 posts bashing/picking apart early gameplay videos of that game..

Bingo on this point. Take most peoples favorite, 2k11.

Remember the uproar because Momentous was able to make a high light reel with Steve Blake in 2k11's demo?

It's so funny reading all the threads around that time...
Old 09-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

As far as the demo though, I am disappointed...I definitely wanted one...I hope this isn't the trend for these next gen releases.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Not really. Lets play a game. Question: What do you think is the best/most realistic version of 2k? I bet you within 30 minutes I can find 10 posts bashing/picking apart early gameplay videos of that game.

My point is that no one has ever shown me evidence that releasing early gameplay videos or a demo directly correlates with an increase in sales and thats all 2k cares about. Its not lack of confidence...its why do something that isnt likely to increase sales. Shoot, last year's game sold well without a ton of early videos and no demo.
Giving out a free sample of your game can get people to try that game that may never have tried it. Especially people with PS4s. I know there have been a few games I bought just on playing a demo, loving it, and picking it up. People don't want to pay to try out a product they aren't necessarily fans of. But if it's free then some may be willing to give it a try out of boredom or to see what the hype is about and get hooked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »