Home

NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars

As mentioned earlier this month, EA Sports and the NHL 15 team plan to release a couple of free content updates for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users.

The first update has just arrived, which includes playoff mode, coach feedback in Be a Pro mode, 3 Stars, and updates in Hockey Ultimate Team.

The second update is scheduled to arrive in October, giving users Online Team Play and the GM Rookie Draft for Be a GM mode.

NHL 15 Content Update #1 Details:

Playoff Mode

Play an offline bracket tournament with up to 16 teams. Use the teams from the NHL or create your own tournament tree by selecting teams from up to 12 different leagues. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be a Pro - Coach Feedback

After each shift you will get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your game play. Score high grades on Position, Team Play, and Stats to work yourself up the teams depth chart.

3 Stars

At the end of the game, see the three stars and their stats.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

• Updated layouts and improved navigation for HUT menus.
  • New animations for player items.
  • Improved edit lines screen that better identifies players that are injured or require contract extensions.
We will continue to release more content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. These updates will include the addition of Online Team Play and a new GM Rookie Draft for the Be a GM game mode. For information about these updates and when you can expect to see them can be found here.

Source - EA Sports
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Ok gonna start a Playoff Mode series allstar 8 min periods near default settings V1.00 tuner
There is no longer a team you wanna play as check off user screen you just choose teams and later you can play or sim , which I like and I wonder if Playoff mode will have a different Ice Tilt for a more Playoff type feel with more big hits and less penalties .

Theres alot more atmosphere as the crowd is waving towels in the Eddie and Doc intro and at the faceoff drop but I also have audio sliders adjusted for a playoff frenzy feel but the crowd in general are alot more alive !

Im not really noticing anything gameplay wise different but I also Im on the V1.00 tuner and once in the playoff set up I dont see any option out of game to change it in settings other than Starting a new one up , will double check ?

Quick PPG kaner to sharpy 1 -0 Hawks over LA at 16:01 of the first and now another in the first and Im up 2-0 on another PP and Hitting seems a bit to powerful as before I had sliders where Kane couldnt flatten people but now he can? kinda like how I mentioned this mode was programmed above for big hit playoff atmosphere.

Stats are still pretty good though I think penalties will be less in this mode and Im also not seeing that strategy box pop up on the screen anymore in Playoff Mode but ill double check when its a PK/PP Situation .

With Cpu strategy at 4 Im seeing the cpu have almost equal TOA with me but Im up 2-0 so take that with a grain of salt right now but attack is kinda back and fourth at times which is nice.

Goalie play seems fine but Craw is standing on his head and at this point I feel the hu has a advantage but I also have the tilted Ice Factor too but once again Im on the V 1:00 so I will test the latest tuner next .

More to come and Ill post some Boxscore photos too if thats ok ?
Im dying to see if the 3 stars is just a screen or players skating on the ice too but now that I think of it , its just the screen as I dont think Playoff mode ever had the 3 stars on the ice just a screen.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-23-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME

Im dying to see if the 3 stars is just a screen or players skating on the ice too but now that I think of it , its just the screen as I dont think Playoff mode ever had the 3 stars on the ice just a screen.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It's just a screen on the boxscore, you hit LB/RB on the xb1 to see the 3 stars.
Yeah I knew once I thought about it above but hey its free

Gameplay unless Its just a Random has changed for me as Im up 3-0 now so Im gonna try the new tuner with my old sliders in playoff mode because in all my other games on play now it never felt this way even with the tilted ice factor so new impressions coming soon .
Old 09-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fine and dandy, but......sim to next shift????????????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

Just like the tuner Im not even getting a option to dl the patch.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

OVR: 0

I was hoping for an option to automatically create the best lineup in HUT, instead of having to do it manually. When I get new cards, I just want the best players in each spot quickly.

That said, the update is nice. I feel better knowing I will be able to see the 3 stars on each game now.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #8
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Oh when I checked my stats when I quit early in the second period I had 4 pp to the cpu none ? looks like penalties may have been addressed but its a small sample .

Well all my other sliders saved when I started a new playoff but of course not the gameplay settings and double check them that they havent changed in game .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-23-2014 at 10:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »