Home

FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 15 Retail Impressions (Xbox One & PS4)

Couple quick notes:

--Still can't do 12 minute halves, which is a major disappointment to me, but I will do 10 minute halves this year. I did 15 minute halves last year because of its pacing issue and it took me the full 12 month FIFA cycle to make it through 5 career seasons. I play an average of one game or so per day. 15 minute halves take too long.

--Difficulty this year is insane. World Class is so hard that it almost feels broken. You can get stuck in, park the bus, etc. and still get battered. I think Pro is quite possibly this year's World Class. Sliders will make a big difference I'm sure.

--BL8 pointed it out elsewhere, but there are so many camera angles that work wonderfully! *gasp* My favorite might be...END TO END! It feels like you're part of a team playing football instead of playing a video game that looks like TV. I might actually play that camera angle because it makes midfield link-up play 1000x more effective/intuitive.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #10
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 15 Retail Impressions (Xbox One & PS4)

P.S. - LMAO @ Tyler Blackett's POT...ouch!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #11
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

Early Early Early retain impressions:

-Not prompted for any sort of release day patch yet
-All of my FUT unlock codes seemed to work. I got some free boots & a some kits. The 40 FUT packs only gives you one pack right away, which kind of sucks. They should have started you off with 5 or 10 to get a nice jump. And it says there is problems going on and I can't open my pack.
-The squads finally look updated, Sandro & Fryers removed from Spurs and our kids Winks & Onomah are added. Blind on ManU now, and Blackett rated an 64ovr (I believe he was a paltry 58ovr in the early access squad).

Off to play a few matches without the pressure of EA's 6 hour time limit lurking over my shoulder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Have to agree with some posters before me, fouls are definitely being called more regularly. Some of the games I've played i found myself cursing at the ref like in real life..... another foul?! WTF? Haha
Old 09-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #13
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Aside from these TERRIBLE new player models, 15 looks to have made some great improvements. Most importantly, the game feels much more organic and varied than 14.

So far, I don't agree that the game is harder though - I'm on WC (default settings) at the moment and it's been pretty easy.

I'm a little worried still about the AI. Defensively it's better, which it needed to be because it could be atrocious in 14, but there's still some big holes at times, space is way too plentiful in the middle of the pitch, and I've gotten too many easy chances 1-on-1.

Overall, looks like gameplay will be exciting and fun this year, and if I can just get past these anorexic, cartoonish player models then I'll be good to go.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #14
Rookie

I'm shocked that you can actually draw fouls by drawing the defender in and slowly moving into space. It's a little strange sometimes... especially when you see a world class defender carelessly lunge in, but it's a fantastic change for the game. Hope it stays that way. Free kicks around the box will mean something. Of course, the free kick mechanic still doesn't feel great.

Overall, the passing and movement is better than any previous Fifa. The CPU AI still don't make the over lapping runs as consistently as they should, but it's better. Passing is crisp and playing with fast players feels the best it ever has... their speed means something.

Seen some really strange goal keeping on corners... might be my biggest gripe so far. Keepers get way out of position without much purpose.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Have to agree with some posters before me, fouls are definitely being called more regularly. Some of the games I've played i found myself cursing at the ref like in real life..... another foul?! WTF? Haha
Had a beautiful build up with Man City earlier. Had Silva on the wing, saw daylight towards the middle of the field, I skill towards the middle, beat the opposing mid fielder and he tackles me from behind, I stood up with my controller in hand yelling at the virtual ref. The ref meticulously walks over to the offender and shows the yellow. It was truly cinematic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Game looks incredible and the presentation is (finally) really outstanding. The crowd chants and noises are top notch - and the highlights at half and the end of game are brilliant.

Gameplay wise, passing is incredible, and there just seems to be so much more variety this year in games, compared to 14 at least. I was personally disappointed by 14, even though it was still pretty solid, but it seems a lot of my issues with variety and CPU play have been addressed.

My only issue is that on WC the game can still feel "cheap" at times - IE AI winning ridiculous headers and scoring crazy goals off them, or magic dribbling from guys on Burnley who probably arent rated higher than 70. Its a small issue though, and if you defend well you can really minimize this. \

Oh yeah, and the AI actually fouls now! I think we all know this was a massive issue with 14 - but it seems to be completely rectified.

Overall, so far really good !

Last edited by Wavebird99; 09-23-2014 at 11:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »