Home

FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #17
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, XB1)

I've played 4 games and have seen only two offside calls which is great....there were a lot of offside calls in 14. The fouls are great...seeing 6 to 7 fouls a game so far.
The game feels much more organic than 14 to me. This is a great game of footy!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
Just started!

I agree the player models look a bit off. Gameplay is definitely more realistic. My only gripe is that I can't adjust the screen size. Apparently, this is a PS4 issue. Hope that gets fixed.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Awesome hearing all of the positive impressions!!

Can anyone confirm that ONLINE COOP SEASONS in the game? I heard that this mode was taken out of the FIFA 14 Next-gen version last year.

That was my favorite mode from FIFA 14 on Xbox 360.

Last edited by SoCal-Phenom; 09-23-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't downloaded the Day 1 patch yet but while the game is immensely fun, it's frustrating that shooting at the edge of the box always flies over the goal, or aiming for the corners of the net don't hit the targets the way they did in Fifa 15.

Maybe that's fixed in the patch. Also had a ton of injuries during the game, but everything else was great.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #21
Rookie

I haven't got the retail release yet but thought I would post something that stood out to me on the early access copy.

Rooney was running into the box with the ball and his shirt was being pulled. Next thing I know, he's bundled to the ground and the referee blows for a penalty. It looked really organic and nice to see it happening to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #22
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Again though, one of the great things about the best sport games is that you can see magical plays occasionally by any player.

As long as they have got rid of the AI God Mode which always kicked in in the last 15 minutes of each half last year?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #23
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Played my first game, loved every minute of it. Crowd was great and I love the battle for the ball toward the corner of the field. Played full manual except for shooting which was semi (I was horrible). Pro, 10 minute halves, slow speed.

One goal I gave up was on a penalty.

Jan 1, - Sunderland vs Chelsea
TEAM12SCORE
Sunderland ()112
Chelsea ()000
Team Stats Comparison
SunderlandChelsea
2Goals0
7Shots8
5Shots on Target3
8Tackles22
2Fouls6
0Yellow Cards2
0Red Cards0
0Injuries0
71Shot Accuracy37
82Passing Percentage68
Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I've played a few games and I'm liking it but as of now I enjoy 14 more. For some reason the pace of the game just feels way too fast. I played on Slow with player speed knocked down two clicks. Even then it almost looks like the game has gone back to the days of FIFA 13 and earlier where players are in hyperspeed down the field. It's very comparable to goalies in the NHL series. I believe this will be fixed (Orion's sliders) so I'm not too concerned about it yet unless it's unfixable.

The buildup is non existent. It's seriously just end to end. I know FIFA is notorious for this style of play but in 14 I was seeing much more passing and creation. The pace of the game just seemed more slowed down and strategical when they were on attack. I played on World Class for all of my games (my normal skill level from FIFA 14) and the CPU is damn near perfect with everything. I've lowered the passing slider moderately but they make 0 mistakes handling the ball. All the players do is dribble the ball back and forth, make a pass if necessary and take a shot. It's just angering me how the CPU will dribble the ball at will and never lose it. I know my defense needs to improve but when they are wiggling back and forth with the ball 4 times and not losing the ball it's aggravating. I've seen this with crappy players even.

So far I have to say I enjoyed FIFA 14's gameplay way more and that's probably because Orion's sliders made it that way. I think sliders will really help 15 though. I'm also very intrigued at adjusting the Custom tactics. I think that could really help get the CPU to slow their pace down and buildup. At the very least I just want to separate what each team does. As of now I feel no difference at all between teams.

I will say this though, the crowd, atmosphere, and presentation are just ridiculously good. That's what really draws me in so far. It legitimately sounds like you are watching a game on TV. The game feels as good as ever but I think it's just going to take some tweaks to make this game feel organic and get the CPU moving the ball around. Right now I just don't get that soccer feeling, but rather an up and down game like the NHL series is notorious for. I think I will go down to pro and see what that level has in store.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-23-2014 at 01:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »