Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #17
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
What lakers24 said, and also they don't rate these guys just on what they did last year. He was much better the two years prior.
That's the problem many are having. The players most recently activity should be what he is graded on. Not things he did 2 seasons ago. Josh Smith is prime example of this

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
That's the problem many are having. The players most recently activity should be what he is graded on. Not things he did 2 seasons ago. Josh Smith is prime example of this
But then you'd have guys that might have just had a fluke season rated far higher or lower than they should be.

2K has already said that if they come out and continue to play the way they did a year ago, their ratings will be adjusted.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #19
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
But then you'd have guys that might have just had a fluke season rated far higher or lower than they should be.

2K has already said that if they come out and continue to play the way they did a year ago, their ratings will be adjusted.
Which means there real performance has somewhat been disregarded . Guys will be overrated in the default rosters.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
I COMPLETELY agree with this. I liked the ratings up to this point. I think there are quite a few that are over/underrated but hey thats why i appreciate and take advantage of roster editing.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Which means there real performance has somewhat been disregarded . Guys will be overrated in the default rosters.
They can be both underrated or overrated. That will happen if the ratings reflect only this past season as well because one season doesn't tell you how good a player is. If they played better than usual last year, they have a higher rating than they usually would... it just isn't based solely on the previous year so that the sample size of a player's skill is a bit larger and therefore, more likely to be accurate.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #22
Pro

kolanji's Arena

IMO I THINK Joe Johnson is overrated IRL and in the game...i think Paul Pierce is better overall....but other than that, the new system seems spot on to me so far

Last edited by kolanji; 09-24-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #23
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
What lakers24 said, and also they don't rate these guys just on what they did last year. He was much better the two years prior.
Quote:
The most recent year is by far the most important in determining ratings and almost all that is used, I think one of my previous posts was misinterpreted and that is my fault.

I was simply saying that the year before is factored in slightly when determining some attributes as well. One great year wont give you as high as a rating as three consecutive great years.

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 09-24-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:

the nba season is a huge sample size, so the fluke thing is a reach. Now if a person doesn't build upon the previous seasons progress, then let the updates reflect it. but don't discredit what a person did for 60+ games because they didnt do it two yrs ago as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »