Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Game Informer: 44 Things We Know about NBA 2K15

Everything sounds great!

but that Doc Rivers blurb...SMH
Old 09-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #18
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
The enhanced A.I. also opens up repeatable conditions. Once you learn its tendencies with your team you can force a specific movement by either putting the ball in a particular spot or making particular movements. This should help you create ad hoc scoring opportunities on the fly when you're running out of your base set instead of calling a play.

Points of emphasis return from last year, but in addition NBA 2K15 brings back the more granular strategy system from previous iterations that allow you to designate double teams and dictate how tight you want your players to guard specific threats on the opposing team.
My favorites.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

1. I know it's been already mentioned weeks earlier, but I'm glad hair got some attention this year. Moving from the plastic wig is actually a big step in my opinion, even if it must still be refined as we move forward.

2. Liked this too:
Quote:
Many of the facial features and hairstyles are pulled from other NBA players, so if you want to rock the Ginobli bald spot with the sharp Artest cheekbones you can.
Hopefully there's still bases or randomizers as opposed to being required to sculpt entirely from scratch. It sounds like there will be

3. I'm also hoping "more context appropriate crowd reactions" leads to a step up in realism from the crowd, but I feel as though I've heard this assertion before.

4. Enjoyed this:
Quote:
To improve the defense and make A.I. players look more in control, Visual Concepts fixed how they move in small spaces, making it look less frantic. They are much better at avoiding overreactions and react more fluidly when adjusting to offensive movement. Since they stay at home, it's easier to re-orient yourself when you switch to a new defender as well.
I thought I heard you guys talking about some delayed reactions that may have occurred in some of the early videos because of this. If that is true, hopefully that can be shored up, because I am in favor of fluidty.

5. Also very glad to hear this. I miss the personality in player's ball-handling that left with iso-motion:
Quote:
All the players have their signature size-ups, which you can activate by tapping the right stick toward the rim while stationary.
6. Regarding MyPlayer, I think I likely made my position known on its current state of affairs. I actually really like the inclusion of the ability to simulate any game and felt it was long overdue. I thought the ability to skip would have been an easy way to retain realistic elements (the ol' D-League & company) without forcing players to go through them when they didn't want to. Also, new endorsements and the removal of "call for bad pass" should both be welcomed additions.

That said, obviously, the last thing I personally wanted to hear was "Last's years role-playing experience complete with cutscenes was a big hit with fans, so Visual Concepts is doubling down with another story." At least while not being a fan of eliminating the draft, I can understand it, for the freedom it provides gamers right from the start. But most of the other story elements do not resonate with me for various reasons already brought about. And that Doc Rivers portion, yikes.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-25-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

I like to know if they expand on voice commands...that's one of the things i am interested in. It's nice to say "pick n' roll" on the mic and the game recognize it and run the play for me. It'll be great to have it ONINE.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Totally agree. That one stood out to me. There are also some positive improvements. Tried to highlight them, but didn't like the Doc Rivers one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Apparently Doc Rivers is the new Larry Brown, moving from team to team at seemingly-random offseasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
W....

T....

F....

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
It does seem really silly, but I'd rather have Doc Rivers over Flip Saunders as a coach in real life, so I'm not too upset about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
I was gonna join the Spurs and as a big man and maybe get to play alongside Duncan but it would be odd not having Pop on the bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxckBrxdlvy
yeah thats definitely a problem. love doc to death, but theres reason on earth, or venus or mars, that he should just take over my team. what if my heat win the ship my first year???

lol nahhhh 2K outta line
Is it safe to assume that Donald Sterling is still owner of the Clippers in the MyPlayer universe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 0

Why did they think the Doc RIvers thing would be a good idea lol.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
There's no reason on Earth that Doc Rivers should be leaving the Los Angeles Clippers for the Minnesota Timberwolves or say the Kings or the Hawks or somebody like that. He definitely shouldn't be taking Pop's job or Thibs' or Carlisle's.
That's why I'm gonna go with my Lakers...first time since playing MyCareer.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #24
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Wow, so many things to be excited about in 2k15, and then they drop a bomb with that Doc Rivers crap. Smh.

I'm hyped for this game regardless, but I'll probably focus more on MyLeague/MyGM rather than MyCareer, but we'll see. I also want to hear more about that teaser at the end of the Momentous trailer.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »