Home

NBA Live 15 Shooting System Has Been Rebuilt

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Shooting System Has Been Rebuilt within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
So show it off then. Get it in the hands of credible outlets.

Stop playing scared and show your hand.

This fear syndrome is part of what holds the game back IMO.

They're so scared that people will dwell on how much it falls short when compared to the competition that they sit on their hands until it's too late to do anything about it.

Someone needs to tell them that the community is not against them. Just been burned too often.
Looking fwd to this game more than 2K15 just cuz I want to see how EA bounces back with this franchise. We all know 2K brings it so there's little intrigue for me with them. 2K15 is 'auto-copped' for me. The question for me is will Live intrigue me enough to warrant a purchase.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Shooting System Has Been Rebuilt

I haven't been buying a Live game since 06 and been riding 2k solo ever since and after 2k's recent announcments especially about the improved A.I. there is no doubt that press and many customers including me called it a day regarding the decision which game will be worth more to spend 60$ on.

It has been the status quo for basically 9 years now. Regardless of how amazing 2k15 will be, I'd like to see a good Live game for a change again and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

I like that EA tries to promote their game with not trying to compete with 2k just yet but focus on small areas of the game they know they can innovate. The shoes, the shot system...it's details but it can make people feel good about buying Live because they know they get something they can't get from 2k.

EA should start to release every bit of info you can possible have about Live to make sure people know about it. Don't make us buy the pig in the poke, it won't work because it'll never outshine 2k as a whole.

Still, I kinda liked what I've been seeing up untill now.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #11
Rookie

Ea is done with, half if not majority of the player models look like they took the off season to bodybuild. If i was Ea, i would want to show off what progression was made with this game, not just show off screenshots of players, back of the jersey screenshots of players and Nba arenas. They are dragging out this process of showing pictures but no gamplay, which is crazy to me. This game has no sliders (which must show a sign of confidence or laziness, and no gameface) in which the competition has shed light on in the past couple of weeks. Ea gotta show up or give up at this point, i give credit to the fan base thats left...you guys have shown alot of patience and i hope you will not be dissapointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 30
Started to speak to what the person I quoted but thought unchecking the quote box would undo the quote. Guess not.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #13
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
So show it off then. Get it in the hands of credible outlets.

Stop playing scared and show your hand.

This fear syndrome is part of what holds the game back IMO.

They're so scared that people will dwell on how much it falls short when compared to the competition that they sit on their hands until it's too late to do anything about it.

Someone needs to tell them that the community is not against them. Just been burned too often.
My thoughts exactly. I don't know if EA is playing scared or if they are waiting until next week to release videos and try to take the wind away from 2k's sails but the longer they wait the more people are going to lose hope for this game.

Screenshots, shoes, ratings, and words about what is improved is simply not enough to get me excited. If the animations and shooting is improved then show us. It doesn't need to be a long in depth video. Anything that shows off the improvements would be welcome.

Not having confidence in the gameplay or being afraid to show gameplay is not an excuse. Someone could take highlights from Live 10 or an older 2k game and make the game look good. Hell even Live 14 could look good if the riht clips and animations were shown.

I might come off as cynical but I just dont want this to be another year of EA promising a solid product, fans saying "Give them a chance before you write them off," a lack of footage shown before release, and the game being underwhelming. I'd love for EA to surprise us and prove the cynics wrong but they make it very difficult to trust them.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #14
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

this worries me a little because I was pretty good at shooting in 14

reminds me of 09 when I had shooting down pretty good then in 10 couldn't

shoot to save my life.

could be a good thing though.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Honestly, I wouldnt show off any gameplay until after 2k15 comes out. Who's honestly not going to buy the game because it took too long to show gameplay? When they show you, you'll forget about being mad real quick. It makes no sense to show any before 2k15 comes out, or immediately after. Not saying I love it, but it's the truth.

What's interesting is they stressed focusing on visual improvements. They're based in Orlando.... home of the Magic. Lot of big names havent been scanned. Kobe, LaMarcus, Dirk, Melo, Kevin Love and a few others. It doesnt mean much, but it is worth noting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
Honestly, I wouldnt show off any gameplay until after 2k15 comes out. Who's honestly not going to buy the game because it took too long to show gameplay? When they show you, you'll forget about being mad real quick. It makes no sense to show any before 2k15 comes out, or immediately after. Not saying I love it, but it's the truth.

What's interesting is they stressed focusing on visual improvements. They're based in Orlando.... home of the Magic. Lot of big names havent been scanned. Kobe, LaMarcus, Dirk, Melo, Kevin Love and a few others. It doesnt mean much, but it is worth noting.

I don't agree with the first part. If they want people to have any interest in buying they need to show more before 2k15 comes out, because once it does im gonna be ghost, not checking for any live news just like last year. If i know beforehand, then at least ill know if its something i may want to mark on my calendar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »