Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 11th Overall Rated Player Through 20

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 11th Overall Rated Player Through 20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
98 - LeBron
95 - Durant
91 - Paul
90 - Duncan
89 - Love
89 - Blake
89 - Curry
89 - Melo
89 - George
89 - Kobe
There's no way melo is only one point better than harden..smh
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
One bad year doesn't set you down as much? Wade was brought down 6 points, very sharp decline lol
Old 09-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #19
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 11th Overall Rated Player Through 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
One bad year doesn't set you down as much? Wade was brought down 6 points, very sharp decline lol
Well Wade has been declining and playing with LeBron for 4 years
Old 09-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
A lot of 88s. No reason for Rose to still be that high and no reason for Kobe to still be that high. U can make an argument for Rose because he's younger. But Kobe played in 6 games, he's 35 and he's still a top 10 rated guy. That doesn't make much sense.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I think that it would help out immensely if they put the "player type" in parentheses. That way we could better judge similarly rated players. Like Tony could be an 88 "pass-first" or "all around" point guard, while Westbrook is an 88 "scoring" point.
Good point, although I believe play type will be dictated more by the badges than ratings. It is important to look at these ratings with consideration of position and what the player is good at, which I feel a lot of people do not do. I notice people look at overall and will say "He's too high/low. He a worse/better player than [This] guy," without considering what attributes contribute to the ratinb.

Westbrook and Parker is a good comparison. Two great players at the same position but extremely different types of point guards. Parker has a higher IQ, is more consistent, and is a better passer a decision; where as Westbrook is more athletic, a better scorer, and probably a better defender at this point in careers. It is difficult to quantify which player is better since they are both very effective at their particular styles.

The way a see it overall only dictates so much. As long as players play like themselves and put up proper stats then I have no problem with the ratings. But if I see Tony Parker throwing down dunks, shooting first, and putting up 40+ points in games then there is an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #22
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 11th Overall Rated Player Through 20

Overall I think these are easily the best ratings for the top 50 that I can remember. There are a few that I disagree with, but I can edit those myself next Tuesday. For example, I don't see what Rose has done to be deserving of an 88 still. I think 85-86 would be a bit more like it and then with roster updates he can always be brought up to the 88-89 range once he proves he is still the player he used to be. I think Kobe is probablt more around an 86-87 than 89, but again, those are easy fixes when I adjust the roster to my own liking.

I haven't gone through the list of the lower rated guys but to me that what really shows the quality of the ratings. Hopefully most of the role players on team's are good enough to be serviceable. Really looking forward to this game!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
What is Westbrook categorized as? Always ask yourself this before disputing a rating . they also play different positions
In real life they both basically play the same position. Yes Westbrook is technically labeled a "point guard" & Harden a "shooting guard" but you could argue that Westbrook is the more natural shooting guard (aggressive shoot 1st mentality) whereas Harden is the more natural point guard (better play maker) lol. While I understand your point, they both play similar enough where the position shouldn't play a factor. Just going by the eye test (since we are debating the OVERALL rating) Westbrook is the better overall player & I think ratings should reflect that in my opinion. At the end of the day their ratings are still pretty spot on but I'm just saying....
Old 09-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #24
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't get why people are so uptight about Rose, Westbrook and Kobe. Rose is easily a top 20 guy when healthy his impact on the game and his team speaks for itself. Westbrook being rated 88 as probably a scoring point guard is fine as well. Kobe being an 89 isn't the same as it was last year. He shouldn't be going up and dunking on people. From what they've sad about people at an older age being smarter and craftier than their younger counterparts I would assume that his fundamentals, basketball IQ and low post rating are off the charts. Tim Duncan is a 90 this year that should tell you what ratings are important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »