Home

Forza Horizon 2 Available Now For Xbox One and Xbox 360, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Forza Horizon 2 Available Now For Xbox One and Xbox 360, Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 01:05 AM   #1
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Forza Horizon 2 Available Now For Xbox One and Xbox 360, Post Your Impressions

Forza Horizon 2 is available now for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users. There are quite a few editions available, check out the details here.

Get behind the wheel and post your impressions.
Platform: Xbox 360 / Xbox One

Last edited by jb12780; 09-30-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Forza Horizon 2 Available Now For Xbox One and Xbox 360, Post Your Impressions

I'd love to give some impressions, and I can't wait to play this game. However as usual, I put it in, and it's got a launch day update My internet isn't the fastest, so It's going to be a while unfortunately. Sorry guys.

OK: Update finally complete, game is beautiful, but if you played the demo you knew that. Driving at night, and in the wet looks great.

I hate the fact you have to sit through the boring intro again.

All in all though, most of the impressions I think we covered in the demo thread, handles more like Forza, than the original Forza Horizon. Still not as tight and realistic as Forza, but it is more tuned than FH1 was, makes it feel a bit less arcadey.

Tons of fun though. If you liked the first one, don't think anyone would be disappointed.

Last edited by brandon27; 09-30-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Forza Horizon 2 Available Now For Xbox One and Xbox 360, Post Your Impressions

I can shed light.

The graphics are simply amazing. Driving at night and in the wet is awesome. Plenty of cars to choose from. One of the best driving games I have ever played.

Now only if they can get my VIP status going...
Old 09-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Not a huge fan of racing games but I thought id give forza a shot after reading the reviews. ended up playing for 6 hours straight. Had that just one more race feeling which is a good thing. Its an open world racer which actually scared me a little bit but its done really well. Never really felt overwhelmed of where to go or what to do.
Actually had one of my most memorable video game moments in this game. Racing furiously on gravel streets against a train while train in vain by the clash is blaring on the stereo. I hadnt heard that song in forever.
when I heard about the classical music station I was a little leery but its way cool. Im not at all into classical but it works so well. its actually kinda funny how they introduce it into the game. your "tour guide" buddy basically says some racers accidentaly are receiving radio from an italian classical music station but he thinks its kinda cool or something along those lines. its almost like turn 10 was embarrassed or skeptical of how it would be recieved which kinda added to the whole experience in my opinion.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Played about an hour, absolutely love this game and I am not even a big racing game fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

In the demo, the race in the rain felt the same really as dry pavement (maybe I had traction/stability control on though, cant recall) however in the game my first rain race I was in for a surprise, wow the handling changed dramatically. Regardless of whether I just didnt notice it in the demo or not, the change from dry to wet, pavement to gravel, or flat out offroad, the handling is different, and it's awesome, keeps you on your toes, especially for those races that have a combination of them all.

One of my favorite moments last night was finding the bucket list car/challenge at the docks and hitting all the ramps to get air and complete the challenges. Then I saw the "freeway" not to far away and I took my car for an extremely high speed ride on the wide open long straight road. So awesome!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

You can tell OS went PS4 this gen because this thread is bare. I've enjoyed FH2 so far.

Sent from my LG G3

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 10-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

If you liked FH 1 then you will love FH 2. I am definitely loving this game. It is really fun to play and it looks great! Game definitely has me coming back for more.

Here are some pics I took of my R32 and Supra:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg GetPhoto (1).jpeg (406.6 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpeg GetPhoto (2).jpeg (390.1 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpeg GetPhoto (3).jpeg (458.5 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg GetPhoto.jpg (236.1 KB, 223 views)
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »