Home

Madden NFL 15 on iOS: Even At Free, It Still Isn't Worth Your Money (Review)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 on iOS: Even At Free, It Still Isn't Worth Your Money (Review) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15 on iOS: Even At Free, It Still Isn't Worth Your Money (Review)

The mobile game market seems to be suffering from a great divide: either you pay an upfront premium for a high-quality experience, or you get a “free” title that encourages money to trickle from your wallet over the long term.

Unfortunately, it seems that major sports titles are falling on the “freemium” side of that line. And, as is the case with all things, you often get what you pay for.

That’s true for this year’s version of iOS Madden 15, a decent playing game that’s been watered down due to the use of pay-to-play tactics and artificial limitations.

Read more - Madden NFL 15 on iOS: Even At Free, It Still Isn't Worth Your Money
Platform: iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
I wish they made games with demos and then a complete game you could buy.

This freemium crap is horrid and taints so many mobile games. I will NEVER give them money for gold or jewels or trinkets or more HUT players - but sadly other gamers will. They are the ones we need to blame for games like this.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 on iOS: Even At Free, It Still Isn't Worth Your Money (Review)

Too much server maintenance - its a rip off

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8
Terrible execution. The gameplay actually isn't too bad, but the freemium model and limited game options are a joke. I purchased, dropped an initial $5 on it, but now I feel dirty because I fed the EA beast.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
Pro

jackster802's Arena

OVR: 0
I really dont mind this game, If you do the live events, you will be challenged. I have spent 0 actual money on this game and I have built up an 85 OVR team in a month or so. Its definitely fun in my opinion and I dont think it deserves all this hate. If you want something to fill your madden craving while at work or school, this is definitely it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
I actually enjoy it. I'm not going to spend a crazy amount of time on my phone gaming, but as a sort of distraction in a waiting room it's fun to play.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:31 AM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
smartphone and tablet gaming as a whole still sucks. still waiting for an enjoyable game to come out, meaning one that provides me with more fun than for 5 mins in the lunch break.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0
There are good mobile games, lots of them actually. This isn't one of them. I have the Android version of this and it's terrible.

I much prefer NFL 2013. Better graphics, better animations, better control, some commentary. Only thing that kills it is that all the players are fictional and you have to actually pay for more teams if you want to play with more than one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »