Home

NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly, I think the "other game" will have to be released first until we really start seeing the meat and potatoes of this game. I also think that was part of the reason for pushing back Live's release date.
I honestly expect a demo by the 14th, 1 week after the other game. I may be asking too much
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameInformer)

Rockie, I think you're right, I expect it to drop in a week as well.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #19
Rookie

I don't really care about all of the extra stuff, first and foremost and MOST IMPORTANTLY give me a good playing game offline/online, that's it PEROID.

Depending on reviews I will get Live or 2K this year
Old 10-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
3/4 of the article was seemed like a press release, not hands on impression. It's good to see they've worked on nba live, won't be bad having two games to choose from. Hope EA doesn't pull that xbone access and only give paying customer's a chance to play, demo should drop for BOTH systems for FREE.

Here's hoping to a good game
Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #21
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Seen this ?

http://www.entweak.com/gaming/hands-...medium=twitter

Here's another
http://m.gamerevolution.com/preview/nba-live-15
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-03-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
Rookie

I agree with this comment on the article. It sounds very much like it's written to hype the game. I guess none of these "first impressions" are truly without bias, but just saying... I would have appreciated a more objective view...

"The gameplay may still have some rough edges - I noticed in particular that players reacted slowly to loose balls, and some contact animations in the paint resulted in defenders being driven aggressively backward. But if the majority of these alterations prove themselves out over extended play sessions, the Live series may finally have a foundation from which to build a true competitor to NBA 2K." And this sums up the problem with video game "journalism." Clearly, the point of this article is to hype this game, not to provide a genuine critique of the experience. You focus on the positives and talk potential, while relegating the problems to a one-off in the final paragraph that is phrased in such a way as to minimize them. How is this journalism? How does this protect the consumer? Do you feel NO responsibility to us as readers? Or did EA pay you to say these things? I mean, I hate to go there because I don't think it's true in most cases--or at least not quite so direct as "here's money to say good things"--but the framing of this piece begs the question. Especially considering how poor last year's entry was, your approach should be one of skepticism, and yet here you are providing a ringing endorsement.

Last edited by Rondee; 10-03-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #23
Rookie

Nice Rockie, the first preview really touched on some good points but I can't help but feel like there is a defense tutorial but he just didn't get to test it out. Sounds like it's going to be a solid game
Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #24
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I liked the entweak article more informative than the rest. Guy sounded like a veteran bball gamer. Included details bout his frustration on defense. Hopefully the Tutorial includes defense in the final build if it's that hard to grasp.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »