Home

NBA Live 15 Player Ratings Revealed - Top 5 Ball Handlers

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Player Ratings Revealed - Top 5 Ball Handlers within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #17
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 Player Ratings Revealed - Top 5 Ball Handlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Man, I was just thinking the same thing. I can live with them docking him some overall points considering the injuries and his terrible shooting at the FIBA World Cup, but his handles are better than Kemba Walker, John Wall or Jamal Crawford. No disrespect to those guys, but Derrick has put many a defender on the floor with his crossover.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #18
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

I always thought that handling and dribbling should be two distinctly different characteristics. Dribbling for the actual skill of dribbling (" dribble packages, Can he dribble though his legs, around his back, etc. with dexterity") and handling (ball control in traffic/while defended) to represent actual possession in traffic or when defended.

The explanation provided seems like an all in one skill rating.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 10-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #19
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
I always thought that handling and dribbling should be two distinctly different characteristics. Dribbling for the actual skill of dribbling (" dribble packages, Can he dribble though his legs, around his back, etc. with dexterity") and handling (ball control in traffic/while defended) to represent actual possession in traffic or when defended.

The explanation provided seems like an all in one skill rating.
Good idea. I'll look into it for future releases.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBALIVE_Fernando
Good idea. I'll look into it for future releases.
I think the programmers also need to look into making sure the CPU AI players who have these ball handling packages assigned to them are actually able to perform the moves themselves and utilize the moves.

For years now there have been packages assigned to players for dribbling and yet you don't see the AI take advantage of their own skill ratings.

I mean when a guy like Chris Paul has 90+ passing ability and 90+ ball handling yet on the floor he proceeds to look sloppy (CPU AI) unless he's human controlled that kind of becomes frustrating to watch as a die hard basketball fan.

I know you guys work hard at your jobs but I'm interested to know if anyone takes the appropriate time to make sure the CPU AI is functioning up to par the way you assign their ratings?

I totally understand it's almost impossible to make the CPU AI react or behave like a human player behind the sticks but to me I'm a huge ratings guy and if you assign ratings that make a player elite in a certain category then I would somewhat expect that player even if CPU AI controlled to be able to demonstrate some form of dribbling or passing on their own that matches what they are rated.

For years we've seen threads with Live fans posting all the great things they can do with the dribble packages but you very rarely ever see a guy showcasing the CPU's ability to replicate those same moves on the floor.

You could go back to NBA Live 06 on the PS2 days and oddly enough you would see the CPU AI doing things on their own that have yet to be matched since the game moved on to XBOX 360 and XBOX One consoles.

So it's great to see the player ratings but at the end of the day what is the Live development team doing to assure us that CPU AI Players will take full advantage of those ratings they are being assigned?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-02-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #21
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think the programmers also need to look into making sure the CPU AI players who have these ball handling packages assigned to them are actually able to perform the moves themselves and utilize the moves.

For years now there have been packages assigned to players for dribbling and yet you don't see the AI take advantage of their own skill ratings.

I mean when a guy like Chris Paul has 90+ passing ability and 90+ ball handling yet on the floor he proceeds to look sloppy (CPU AI) unless he's human controlled that kind of becomes frustrating to watch as a die hard basketball fan.

I know you guys work hard at your jobs but I'm interested to know if anyone takes the appropriate time to make sure the CPU AI is functioning up to par the way you assign their ratings?

I totally understand it's almost impossible to make the CPU AI react or behave like a human player behind the sticks but to me I'm a huge ratings guy and if you assign ratings that make a player elite in a certain category then I would somewhat expect that player even if CPU AI controlled to be able to demonstrate some form of dribbling or passing on their own that matches what they are rated.

For years we've seen threads with Live fans posting all the great things they can do with the dribble packages but you very rarely ever see a guy showcasing the CPU's ability to replicate those same moves on the floor.

You could go back to NBA Live 06 on the PS2 days and oddly enough you would see the CPU AI doing things on their own that have yet to be matched since the game moved on to XBOX 360 and XBOX One consoles.

So it's great to see the player ratings but at the end of the day what is the Live development team doing to assure us that CPU AI Players will take full advantage of those ratings they are being assigned?
Good question. I'll have to get a gameplay guy in here to speak to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #22
NBA Live Gameplay Designer

Schwall's Arena

In Live 15, the AI players will use their signature moves. So you'll see AI Kyrie do what you saw in that video. We use some synergy to determine which way they like to go (right or left from iso situations) and use their sig move or another set of moves (like hesi to xover combos) to try and open that lane up to attack the basket.

Once they open up space, they will either decide to attack the basket or shoot pending the game situation (clock, period, score, tendency).

So it's there, and something that is planned to be improved upon for years to come. We want the AI to be able to do everything the player can do, and have the player do everything the AI does as well.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwall
In Live 15, the AI players will use their signature moves. So you'll see AI Kyrie do what you saw in that video. We use some synergy to determine which way they like to go (right or left from iso situations) and use their sig move or another set of moves (like hesi to xover combos) to try and open that lane up to attack the basket.

Once they open up space, they will either decide to attack the basket or shoot pending the game situation (clock, period, score, tendency).

So it's there, and something that is planned to be improved upon for years to come. We want the AI to be able to do everything the player can do, and have the player do everything the AI does as well.
1st off i want to thank you for responding to that post....

I'm beyond happy to hear that the actual CPU AI in Live 15 is being closely monitored for this year and years to come.

Without the ability to edit sliders or ratings I think this is going to be a huge selling point for your Fan Base.

Despite all the up's and down's I think at the end of day all NBA Live fans want the same thing which is to see the franchise succeed and get back to their glory days.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »