Home

NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameTrailers)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameTrailers) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 15 Hands-On Impressions (GameTrailers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Two Words..

STICK. SKILL.

It seems like it's back and that's all I've really asked for, I could see glimpses of it last year just watching the game but now it seems like it's branched out and much better now that this is a much better game. I Like how many times they mentioned that when something went wrong they felt like it was there fault, that's what it's about, it should be on you and not because you got jipped by an animation or something. Can't Wait to play myself. And Lastly...

That Damian Lillard Jumpshot is just nuts, too Perfect lol
See that wrist snap. OMGoodness
Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #18
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I really loved the wrist snap and oddly enough the individual fingers. This game has really good "hand models" I didn't think I would say that about a bball game

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #19
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
A minor complaint about some posters. This is a PREview or an impression, not a review. A review is what comes out once a game is released and a score is given for the game.

As for this impressions from the video I am really liking what I hear. The way it sounds 2K is going to be the game for the hardcore sim players while Live will be the game for those who want a fun, yet authentic game of basketball. It sounds like Live is finding its groove again and will finally be releasing a game worthy of the Live name, something that was last done with Live 10 and was missing for years before. Looking forward to giving this game a go when the time comes, hopefully there will be a demo release.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I really loved the wrist snap and oddly enough the individual fingers. This game has really good "hand models" I didn't think I would say that about a bball game

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's true though, the hands look good...haha

Also, Dame Lill's shot was spot on last year as well, they probably didn't even have to capture it, lol

Nice to hear these guys enjoyed it and that the word "fun" kept coming up.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Watch the video, at 1:23, you'll see a small example of the physics system, Lebrons leg gets bumped causing a minor stumble, falling off balance.

You'll see some altered layups and shots too.

You hear them talking about the game not being a dunk fest due to the collisions and contact.

I still go back to the "feel it" though.
so the fifa or madden type collision system minus the weird moments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8
I will give this a try, the same way I did 14. After playing 14 I saw no reason for anything in that game to be used as a base for a next gen bball game except the ESPN presentation. With 15, it looks like they attempted to polish up 14, which isn't a great recipe for a next gen bball game. I give all bball games a try, but a lot of the things they're trying to get right seem strange for a company who has been in the bball game industry for 25 years. If I grade what we've seen thus far against 14, it's night and day almost. If I grade what we've seen against next gen expectations, or even if it's worth $60 right now, then I honestly have to say they're still failing. A $20 straight to download version and building on community feedback could be a way to go. To me, attempting to look and feel like a game from 5 years ago isn't a recipe for success.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes

Last edited by poloelite; 10-03-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #23
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I think it's much more accurate, better tuned. No flying in the air 20 ft on a collision
Old 10-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #24
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They hit the nail on the head when they said they "feel" good playing it. If you don't get a stop, you feel like it's your fault. If you foul someone, you feel like you fouled them. If you hit a big shot, yep, all you. It's funny, but once you get your hands on it, you'll see it.

They also touched on how fun it is, realistic pace, and a lot of depth. Glad guys get to see a little more info and hands on.
Looks like I'll have 2 basketball games this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »