Home

EA Sports UFC Free Content Update #3 Available Now, Full Details Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Free Content Update #3 Available Now, Full Details Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #9
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA Sports UFC Free Content Update #3 Available Now, Full Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Unfortunately, there isn't. I try to balance my criticism with the game, keeping it respectful. I appreciate the involvement with the devs on the forums etc., and it is nice to see improvements, but why they don't penalize a guy for throwing strike after strike is very frustrating. Stamina does not drain enough and it regenerates too quickly.

It depends on how effective their aggression is. It’s easier to be aggresive in the early rounds because the punches are faster. To punch someone out you either have to catch them greedy or make them miss for at least two rounds. By the third round I’m seeing a stamina difference against aggressive opponents.

Also the judges arent rewarding people for tired spammed sig strikes. The judges are smarter than their cards. Now that tired spammed sig strikes do less damage than a stiff jab the code should stop counting them as sig strikes in the cards.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-04-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #10
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm a big ufc fan but have not bought this game yet. I tried the demo and didn't like it and hated the submission mini game. Believe it or not I was a fan of the shine over this any day. Just my opinion though.

Anyways, I have kept a close eye on ufc thread and I am extremely impressed by the support this game has seen post launch and I make sure to read gotnadskillzson and aholberts impressions after every patch because I trust their feedback. I realize 18 month cycle probably gives some leeway in the extra post release support.

I'm so close to buying this but might wait til the next patch? I read a 4 th will be coming. I guess I'm wondering what people are thinking of this game now? Are you bored of it? Is CPU aggression toned down enough yet? Do you guys like the submission system? Are you submitting the CPU? What about CPU getting up in full guard at unrealistic rate? Stamina issues? I also thought striking was sluggish and felt like there was no weight or feeling behind any of the punches. I felt like jabs were not realistic and I couldn't keep a safe distance and use strategy with the jab from demo. These are issues that would all bug me. But this was from demo impressions and I know the game is almost completely different now from sounds of it. I'm wondering if this will be touched on you think in next patch or is this game killers for some? Are you guys playing it just when a patch comes out to see what it did then it go's back on shelf til next patch?

Idk lol I guess I'm looking for a reason to get this game and need someone to talk me into it! Lol! I couldn't wait for the release if this game and want a ufc game so bad but also don't want to wait til the next game a year and a half from now. Someone sell me please! :-)
Old 10-04-2014, 02:16 AM   #11
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I'm a big ufc fan but have not bought this game yet. I tried the demo and didn't like it and hated the submission mini game. Believe it or not I was a fan of the shine over this any day. Just my opinion though.

Anyways, I have kept a close eye on ufc thread and I am extremely impressed by the support this game has seen post launch and I make sure to read gotnadskillzson and aholberts impressions after every patch because I trust their feedback. I realize 18 month cycle probably gives some leeway in the extra post release support.

I'm so close to buying this but might wait til the next patch? I read a 4 th will be coming. I guess I'm wondering what people are thinking of this game now? Are you bored of it? Is CPU aggression toned down enough yet? Do you guys like the submission system? Are you submitting the CPU? What about CPU getting up in full guard at unrealistic rate? Stamina issues? I also thought striking was sluggish and felt like there was no weight or feeling behind any of the punches. I felt like jabs were not realistic and I couldn't keep a safe distance and use strategy with the jab from demo. These are issues that would all bug me. But this was from demo impressions and I know the game is almost completely different now from sounds of it. I'm wondering if this will be touched on you think in next patch or is this game killers for some? Are you guys playing it just when a patch comes out to see what it did then it go's back on shelf til next patch?

Idk lol I guess I'm looking for a reason to get this game and need someone to talk me into it! Lol! I couldn't wait for the release if this game and want a ufc game so bad but also don't want to wait til the next game a year and a half from now. Someone sell me please! :-)
Do it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #12
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

In all seriousness though, this patch is the last one for core gameplay features and balance. Future patches won't have the same depth of changes as these last ones have had, they will be more along the lines of critical bug fixes.

So the gameplay experience we have now will be it for the most part until UFC 2.

There will still be more updates to come, more fighters and some other cool stuff I can't talk about, but for gameplay what you see now is what you get.

I'll let the other guys comment on the overall quality level as you probably don't want to hear that from me.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:50 AM   #13
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
This game makes Undisputed look like something from the 90s. The striking is better than the Fight Nights. Its basically Undisputed mixed with everything that was right and some of what was wrong with Fight Night coated with groundbreaking polish.

Quote:
I'm so close to buying this but might wait til the next patch? I read a 4 th will be coming. I guess I'm wondering what people are thinking of this game now? Are you bored of it?
I mostly play online now. The CPU is aggressive. Maybe too aggressive with some guys but its more of an effective aggression than the stupid stuff in the demo.

Quote:
Do you guys like the submission system? Are you submitting the CPU? What about CPU getting up in full guard at unrealistic rate? Stamina issues? I also thought striking was sluggish and felt like there was no weight or feeling behind any of the punches.
I like the submission system. I have ideas on how it could be improved. Its not really intuitive and it feels too much like a minigame at first. At its core I think it does simulate an escape better than anything ever made but the core concept and the mini-game isn't linked in a way to make it more intuitive to learn and relate to.

I rarely submit the CPU on hard. I think I have only done it once. I can only submit people in quick games. Its hard to get submissions above blue belt.

Quote:
I felt like jabs were not realistic and I couldn't keep a safe distance and use strategy with the jab from demo. These are issues that would all bug me. But this was from demo impressions and I know the game is almost completely different now from sounds of it. I'm wondering if this will be touched on you think in next patch or is this game killers for some? Are you guys playing it just when a patch comes out to see what it did then it go's back on shelf til next patch?
Jabs are better than Fight Night's.

Quote:
I thought it was the best fighting ever in the demo it just wasn't realistic. It didnt represent the sport well but neither did Fight Night and it was given a pass.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-04-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
@vannwolfhawk

buy it, its different now from the demo. and hats off to the devs for improving the gameplay so much. they could've just called it a year and worked on UFC 2.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
In all seriousness though, this patch is the last one for core gameplay features and balance. Future patches won't have the same depth of changes as these last ones have had, they will be more along the lines of critical bug fixes.

So the gameplay experience we have now will be it for the most part until UFC 2.

There will still be more updates to come, more fighters and some other cool stuff I can't talk about, but for gameplay what you see now is what you get.

I'll let the other guys comment on the overall quality level as you probably don't want to hear that from me.
You guys have done a great job. I can't speak for anyone else but I will be happy and content with this gameplay until UFC 2 comes out. Very impressed with the work you guys have done post-launch

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not to hijack this thread but can we PLEASE get a quality boxing game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »