Home

Scanning Your Face Into NBA 2K15 Is Kind of Hard

This is a discussion on Scanning Your Face Into NBA 2K15 Is Kind of Hard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Scanning Your Face Into NBA 2K15 Is Kind of Hard

It definitely took me about 30 mins to get it all the way together. Skin tone was too light but I was pleased with the outcome. People all up in arms about taking the game back I've got 1 word, 5 letters. R-E-L-A-X
Old 10-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #58
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
EA did it right by allowing people to use three pictures and plot points manually. This is a cool feature but far more advanced than what most people will understand.
Agreed. face scanning in a closed environment with techs and what not doing them works. getting people to do this at home with so many different variables such as lighting, distance, head movement, and lets be honest, in some cases just plain ol human stupidy and you had to know this wouldnt go smoothly. EA Game face isnt exactly easy or without problems either. I had to photoshop my beard off in order to not have a white face and a black neck in Fifa. Also with game face skin tones are way off.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #59
Rookie

Kentucky_Wildcat23's Arena

OVR: 21
I found that I had to shine a flashlight from my iPhone onto my face while it scanned to get the best result. Only issue after that is the 2K servers went down and I lost my face scan after over an hour of trying.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #60
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
If you have two mouths or extra eyes then you aren't keeping your head steady. You need to keep your head level and turn slowly. Do not hold the camera out in from of you. Keep the camera stationary.
Yeah kinda figured it was user error but on that last one I just new I was steady enough. Maybe I'll sit the Kinect on top of the tv where I can stand and be a little more steady. Even with the problems I'm having it's still a nice and welcomed feature. Just hope I can get it working right.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #61
Rookie

I had no trouble. Did it on first shot. Waited till the day when natural light was coming through the windows. And held a piece of paper below by neck to help give more light. The trick I think is to move SLOWLY and only about 30 degrees left and right. Lighting is the real factor I think.
Mine turned out better than I could have thought possible. Good luck guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritch211
I had no trouble. Did it on first shot. Waited till the day when natural light was coming through the windows. And held a piece of paper below by neck to help give more light. The trick I think is to move SLOWLY and only about 30 degrees left and right. Lighting is the real factor I think.
Mine turned out better than I could have thought possible. Good luck guys.
Yep, that's exactly what I did in the tutorial i did and got 6500 first shot.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoySykk
This Damn kinect camera won't read my face unless im far away & my shoulders end up in the box but it always ends up putting my eyes down by my nostrils & so on. Frustrating!
EXACTLY!!! The Kinect is a dumber camera than I thought!! My Kinect doesn't even read my gestures! and I put a spotlight in my room to brighten everything and used natural light from the window!!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Agreed. face scanning in a closed environment with techs and what not doing them works. getting people to do this at home with so many different variables such as lighting, distance, head movement, and lets be honest, in some cases just plain ol human stupidy and you had to know this wouldnt go smoothly. EA Game face isnt exactly easy or without problems either. I had to photoshop my beard off in order to not have a white face and a black neck in Fifa. Also with game face skin tones are way off.
agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »