Home

DriveClub PS Plus Edition Delayed

This is a discussion on DriveClub PS Plus Edition Delayed within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: DriveClub PS Plus Edition Delayed

My excitement level to play this game from the day it was announced to now has dropped significantly. And now, with server issues and the game hasn't launched???

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
When it went from day one to delayed. I went from must buy to might buy. Regardless of reviews, I was still holding out hope. However, when the release came and no one spoke up as to where it was even though the store update on the playstation website was blown up with comments and questions. (over 1000 posts in 2 hours) It showed me how concerned they were about the demo edition. I wont waste the hard drive space at this point and may venture back to PS3 for GT 6 or get my racing fixes in another game. Yes its pretty but it seems its not functional and the devs couldn't bother with a press release or anything else until 5am est.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #11
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlux
hmmm does anyone think they are really tryin to get a few impatient people to go ahead and buy it instead of waiting on the free edition, especially with the mixed reviews coming out?
That's not the case at all in this instance. If you have PlayStation plus you can't even buy the full game on the PlayStation store if you want to. It actually tells you that you can't buy it if you have PlayStation plus. They have dropped the ball badly with this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7
You can buy it, but you have to go to the PS+ version for $50.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the delay in the free version helps spur a few more sales of full version for those that cant wait. I was tempted but do not want to do digital any more, unless prices drop much more to offset being stuck with a bad game. No real benefit and you are stuck with game.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Iwas considering buying, but one delay to many made me buy nba 2k15 yesterday instead. So glad I did, love it
Old 10-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #14
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
That's not the case at all in this instance. If you have PlayStation plus you can't even buy the full game on the PlayStation store if you want to. It actually tells you that you can't buy it if you have PlayStation plus. They have dropped the ball badly with this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
You can buy it, but you have to go to the PS+ version for $50.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the delay in the free version helps spur a few more sales of full version for those that cant wait. I was tempted but do not want to do digital any more, unless prices drop much more to offset being stuck with a bad game. No real benefit and you are stuck with game.
SDwinder is correct. You can purchase the game, you just have to buy the PS+ version which is $49.99 vs. $59.99 for non-Plus users.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #15
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

The only version listed in the store is the full version. If you have PlayStation plus there isn't an option to buy it has a link that says tell me more. If you click on it then it will tell you that you can't buy the game cause you have PlayStation plus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #16
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
The only version listed in the store is the full version. If you have PlayStation plus there isn't an option to buy it has a link that says tell me more. If you click on it then it will tell you that you can't buy the game cause you have PlayStation plus.
You can find it under the Plus free section next to Spelunky. That gives you link to the $49.99 version.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »