Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Could this issue be resolved by 2k releasing a demo for future iterations a few weeks from release with an online component to test their servers and have a couple weeks to iron out issues before the release date?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

MyTeam is great fun without the AH and being able to buy Packs ....not! And when the Non-US Version releases later today, good luck for their Servers LOL
Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
@godylla I think if they actually beta test their servers they may be better off. They do show off the game to a select few but I believe honestly to understand their server capabilities and restraints they need to form some sort of beta testing group.

I actually was able to play MyCareer last night and early this morning...I was kicked out last night once after upgrading my player but was able to immediately pull it right back up with no issue.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.

Line of the article there. After last year this shouldn't have even been a thought. Maybe next year they will FINALLY learn they're lesson. If people want to mod the game then so be it, no reason to be putting us all in this position every year because we want to tie everything to 2K's crap servers.

Where's my man 24th at with that top men clip? Cause that's exactly how it's looking right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.
I hate to say this, but it's VC, you cannot buy VC if you are offline. So we're suffering from horrible servers due to the greed of 2k, which is a crying shame.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Line of the article there. After last year this shouldn't have even been a thought. Maybe next year they will FINALLY learn they're lesson. If people want to mod the game then so be it, no reason to be putting us all in this position every year because we want to tie everything to 2K's crap servers.

Where's my man 24th at with that top men clip? Cause that's exactly how it's looking right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH....

Last year was supposed to be a wake up call..it's like they hit the snooze button...

http://youtu.be/Fdjf4lMmiiI

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »