Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #17
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Last time I tried to play the game my MyPlayer was gone. They wanted me to make a new one. Thank god I hadn't started a career yet. I couldn't connect to the servers to load the NBA Today games and I've yet to be able to access MyTeam (I don't play that mode but I was testing if the server was working for me with it and I kept getting an error message whenever I went to it. Not to mention the fact that I never was able to reset the 2Ktv code. Needs to be better man. Needs to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

I personally feel as if this hasn't received as much recognition as it should from the mainstream gaming sites and media. Just a year ago when games like Battlefield and Sim city released with similar woes, it was all over multiple sites and you practically couldn't get away from the coverage. But as it seems that perhaps a smaller segment of gaming journalists are sports and sports gaming fans, that debacles like this get largely overlooked and go virtually unnoticed, except by those like us directly affected by it. If next months Call of Duty or Assassins Creed released with similar issues, it would be front and center on every site and discussed on every podcast. With NBA 2k being arguably the biggest sports franchise currently on the market and one of the most popular titles released yearly, why does it deserve less scrutiny and in turn, we as consumers, less respect?
Old 10-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I personally feel as if this hasn't received as much recognition as it should from the mainstream gaming sites and media. Just a year ago when games like Battlefield and Sim city released with similar woes, it was all over multiple sites and you practically couldn't get away from the coverage. But as it seems that perhaps a smaller segment of gaming journalists are sports and sports gaming fans, that debacles like this get largely overlooked and go virtually unnoticed, except by those like us directly affected by it. If next months Call of Duty or Assassins Creed released with similar issues, it would be front and center on every site and discussed on every podcast. With NBA 2k being arguably the biggest sports franchise currently on the market and one of the most popular titles released yearly, why does it deserve less scrutiny and in turn, we as consumers, less respect?
I thought the scrutiny they received last year was pretty much properly proportional to the product. It's the biggest sports franchise, but I feel it may still pale in comparison to the likes of Call of Duty, probably by a long shot, so if COD were having those same problems, it'd make sense it'd create even more of an uproar. But 2K surely had their name dragged about last year.

Here's one titled "If You Combined Battlefield and Forza's Outages, You'd Have NBA 2K14": http://kotaku.com/if-you-combined-ba...oud-1492456387
Old 10-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #20
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Were they top men?
The real question is, do these top men get demoted to bottom children after all this?
Old 10-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm surprised this article is only coming out today. Tuesday and Wednesday were PAINFUL experiences for me. In fairness to 2k, last night I was finally able to complete a couple of games in MyCareer (and even spend my VC on upgrades!!!), but apparently that was just a flash in the pan. I still have 0 confidence with being able to keep my face scan (which was never even passable in the first place). I'm using a preset for now. I tried a MyPark game last night and I became trapped on a "Got Next" circle. Had to reboot the xbone. Anyone excited to play MyPark or JordanRec Center should consider themselves warned.

On a scale from 1 - 10, I give my overall experience a 3 so far.

These new servers are bad
and you should feel bad, 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #22
Rookie

What a complete disgrace...

First NFL 2K, NHL 2K, MLB 2K and the great tennis game are
extinct...

Now NBA 2K has been a disaster on Next gen if you're buying
WWE 2K be very afraid...

There is absolute brain dead morons calling the shots in that
company...

When a company releases a product that has a vital service with
it that doesn't work properly and they refuse to acknowledge it and
do something about it...

Then some serious alarm bells need to start ringing...

The nostalgia of past great NBA 2K games will start wearing off with
consumers and people will either buy Live or not buy it at all and play
old 2K games...

Then this game will go extinct like their other sports games and the
whole sports game industry gets affected...

What on earth is going on with these boneheads in the 2K sports offices?
Old 10-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #23
MVP

When the game is not working I spend more time checking to see if it's working than I would otherwise spend playing the game. If there was a drug that made me forget 2K basketball existed I would probably take it. Losing time.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Well in their defense, they had people working for a whole year on these servers...
I could work on 2k servers for a whole year for half the pay of whatever they paid those guys... and get the same result. Think about it 2k... you'll save half your money but get equivalent results!!!

For the record, I'd just sit around and twiddle my thumbs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »