Home

NBA Live 15 Hands-On Preview (iDigitalTimes)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Hands-On Preview (iDigitalTimes) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Another Hands On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Wonder what setting their playing on. I'll wait to pass judgement until I play it, but maybe playing on higher difficulties would help some of the dunks and getting to rim. We'll see
Regardless of settings or difficulty this game IMO should have had sliders included for that exact reason...

I've never played any NBA LIve game in the last decade that didn't require sliders to tone down the offense and dunks.

I'm sure there will be some guys who try to argue that sliders aren't required but anyone who has played Live and is being honest about the game will tell you Sliders have always been needed to tone down those things that guy mentioned in the article.

I'm afraid Synergy alone isn't ging to fix those issues he described an neithe will the difficulty level ifyou are killed USER player.

AT the end of the day you simply need sliders to modify somethings to get a better SIM experience

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #10
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

The defensive issues the guy had are interesting. I'm sure some of his gripes with it are legit but the way he described it sounded more like user error.

Reaching in for steals should result in more fouls if you do it excessively. And blocking should be about timing lol.

But either way tho interesting to hear him not liking the D in Live. It'll be the first thing I'm focused on when I get the game myself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

He also said he was playing a finished product. So I wonder if they are still polishing and will have a day 1 update to reflect it or have they actually finished it. Because most of all the other previews we have read this week mention they were playing early builds.hmmmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Regardless of settings or difficulty this game IMO should have had sliders included for that exact reason...

I've never played any NBA LIve game in the last decade that didn't require sliders to tone down the offense and dunks.

I'm sure there will be some guys who try to argue that sliders aren't required but anyone who has played Live and is being honest about the game will tell you Sliders have always been needed to tone down those things that guy mentioned in the article.

I'm afraid Synergy alone isn't ging to fix those issues he described an neithe will the difficulty level ifyou are killed USER player.

AT the end of the day you simply need sliders to modify somethings to get a better SIM experience
Sliders are a double edge sword. Sometimes they can break a game and sometimes they can help it. With 14, sliders would've seriously helped, but we all now EA's issues with sliders.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 10-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Sliders are a double edge sword. Sometimes they can break a game and sometimes they can help it. With 14, sliders would've seriously helped, but we all now EA's issues with sliders.
But at least it's my fault if I break it by doing crazy things with sliders. Give me that option. Is it confirmed that Live 15 won't have sliders again? I personally think that's just nuts if true.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #14
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

If you play Live 15 on defense like you play defense in 2k, you WILL NOT succeed. I'll leave it at that. Reliance on L2 will kill you.

I've not read the article yet, but I can only assume that the issues with it are user control related and difficulty settings.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #15
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But at least it's my fault if I break it by doing crazy things with sliders. Give me that option. Is it confirmed that Live 15 won't have sliders again? I personally think that's just nuts if true.
Oh true, I agree with you and playmakers. Not having sliders like this is crazy. I don't know where the link is, but it's during on of the Q&A interviews.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #16
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If you play Live 15 on defense like you play defense in 2k, you WILL NOT succeed. I'll leave it at that. Reliance on L2 will kill you.

I've not read the article yet, but I can only assume that the issues with it are user control related and difficulty settings.
Later will EA allow you to shed some light on defensive controls WTF?

Last edited by swac07; 10-09-2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: my 1st question sounded misleading

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »