Home

NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Ouch............Do I feel online shouldve took that much off the top of the score...Nope...but when you are touting online modes as your main selling point and the servers are poo...its warranted ..

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
I can understand why it seems like my thought process was, "This game would be a 9 but the servers are bad so I'm going to dock 2 points," but that wasn't actually how I went about it.

I considered how my overall experience of the game was right now and compared it to Operation Sports's scoring scale.

When I did, I found that a 7 nailed it. "A game that is pretty good because it plays well, but that has notable flaws that keep it from being great."

It felt like the perfect summary of the game.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #18
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3
agree completely. Maybe after a patch or two It would raise (if reviews did that) to an 8-8.5. the presentation glitches are an egregious oversight. How missing overlays and player of the game highlights show up 1 out of three times got through testing baffles me.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #19
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)

Thank you for acknowledging the gimped online leagues in 2k15. This review is spot on. For years, reviewers swept 2k's abysmal servers under the rug. This is the price you pay when you want to make your game modes online dependent without the proper infrastructure.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Thank you for acknowledging the gimped online leagues in 2k15. This review is spot on. For years, reviewers swept 2k's abysmal servers under the rug. This is the price you pay when you want to make your game modes online dependent without the proper infrastructure.
Thanks.

By the way, I find it enjoyably ironic that your avatar is of NBA League Pass Broadband, another service notorious for shoddy network infrastructure.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #21
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Great write up. The developers and designers earned an 8.5 or a 9, but the technical staff and the executives who pay for them deserve a 1 for launch week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #22
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Excellent review of the game as it currently stands.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 10-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #23
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I can understand why it seems like my thought process was, "This game would be a 9 but the servers are bad so I'm going to dock 2 points," but that wasn't actually how I went about it.

I considered how my overall experience of the game was right now and compared it to Operation Sports's scoring scale.

When I did, I found that a 7 nailed it. "A game that is pretty good because it plays well, but that has notable flaws that keep it from being great."

It felt like the perfect summary of the game.
Oh yeah I understand...im. not mad at the review at all ...hopefully 2k will use this as a wakeup call

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Respect this review....I'm not a online player but it's unacceptable that online is in the condition its in....

Stop connecting modes to servers if the servers aren't up to par...this has been a horrible experience two years in a row for online guys...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »