Home

No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

This is a discussion on No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
It's simple for Live....they need consumers to believe that they have a good/solid B-ball experience. If they believe that they would have released a demo. If they don't believe in the game why should I. say what you want about the other game but at least B-Ball wise it plays well. the sad thing is that they could leverage their server quality to get people to buy their game with some solid gameplay. heck they could have a live demo of the finish product with their 2 best gamers to show how the game is intended to be played. Now they have contradicted themselves so much that I totally do not trust them. who advertises screenshots but no extended video....im so disappointed as NBA Live 95 was the reason I got into sports gaming.......rant ended
It was a quality rant, my man. I feel the same way, it isn't about me actually getting to play the game early, I'll rent the game before I'll even consider buying it anyway. It's more about confidence that they are releasing a product that's at least comparable to what we've seen from their competitor. I would be completely fine with them releasing a 5 or 10 minute video of 2 of their developers playing the game, just so we can get an idea what to expect.

P.S. Live '95 FTW!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No News on the Timing of a NBA Live 15 Demo

What is with OS moderators/writers being so quick to bash Live? It makes you guys look unprofessional. If they lie and don't release one, I expect everyone to criticize them harshly (including me). However, until then release these articles when you actually have credible sources instead of writing opinionated rants.

EA just tweeted we're getting a demo.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNBA/stat...06232069316609

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #11

m1ke_nyc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
What is with OS moderators/writers being so quick to bash Live? It makes you guys look unprofessional. Release these articles when you actually have credible sources instead of opinionated rants.

EA just tweeted we're getting a demo.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNBA/stat...06232069316609
Months ago EA tweeted we were getting a demo early. On top of that half the stuff they tweeted about NBA Live 14 turned out to be lies. I think people are justified with the criticism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Months ago EA tweeted we were getting a demo early. On too of that half the stuff they tweeted about NBA Live 14 turned out to be lies. I think people are justified with the criticism.
Absolutely. The criticism is justified. But this article is basically saying we aren't getting a demo which (as of right now) is false. OS can't write articles like this unless they have sources. That goes for any game.

As far as getting a demo early, EA has no excuse. The idea probably got thrown out the window when the release date changed but even so, EA needed to let people know.

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #13

m1ke_nyc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface844
Absolutely. The criticism is justified. But this article is basically saying we aren't getting a demo which (as of right now) is false.

As far as getting a demo early, EA has no excuse. That probably got thrown out the window when the release date changed but even so, EA needed to let people know.
How do you know its false when past history says EA won't live up to the promise and release a demo? Right now I have no confidence in them releasing a demo. They can tweet it all they want but until I'm downloading it to my console it's all talk.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
How do you know its false when past history says EA won't live up to the promise and release a demo? Right now I have no confidence in them releasing a demo. They can tweet it all they want but until I'm downloading it to my console it's all talk.
What kind of logic is that? We're gonna go off the past? If we are going off the past, the only basketball game EA has had in the past 4 years is NBA Live 14 (which had a demo). NBA Live 10 had a demo. NBA Elite 11 had a demo. NHL 15 had a demo. FIFA 15 had a demo. So as far as the "past" goes, that argument actually favors EA.

The past is irrelevant though. Just because EA released a demo for Live 14 Or Live 11 or Live 10, doesn't mean we'll get one for Live 15. It's a different year and a different game. Unless people can see the future, no one should write an article saying we are/aren't getting something based on whats happened in the past.

Last edited by Scarface844; 10-14-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #15
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

There was a demo for NBA Elite 11. Hopefully we'll get one for NBA Live 15, a game that is actually releasing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I don't think releasing an early, bug-filled demo is good for promoting a product. By delaying Live they basically said this isn't ready and there is some scary crap in there that we'd rather you not experience. So a demo, which is usually a build at least 2-3 months old, must have been lousy.

I always want to play a demo first to help make a decision so I'd like one too. But a bad demo will only cripple their shaky foundation imo. I would like EA to be more open about it. And their game has to be gold now so I'd like some full gameplay videos too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »