Home

NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The SimCast feature has been the #1 item on my wishlist for years. I'm so glad that it's in 2K15. I'm a guy who likes to play multiple seasons so this is right up my alley. In the past I've always played every team once during the regular season and simmed the rest. Now I have an opportunity to have a hand in many, many more games.... and hopefully get through a lot more seasons as well. It will certainly help with getting through those 7 games series' in the playoffs too.

The only thing that I would change about it is I would like for it to be available during games as well. That way if I start a game and it becomes a blowout, I can sim to the end. Well, actually you can do that now... However, if the other team starts coming back I would like to intervene accordingly.
That is my only complaint as well. I love the feature but just wish there was a way to trigger simcast after we have already started a game up.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature

I would like to know about earning vc as well.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaupie
I would like to know about earning vc as well.
It doesn't seem to if so very little. As far as starting simcast after we start playing that would be a great move... To be able to jump in and out of play and simcast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #12
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Time to start my MyGM today!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #13
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature

anyone find the CPU uses too many timeouts during the sim?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #14
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
anyone find the CPU uses too many timeouts during the sim?
Yeah that's a problem. I'm sure it can be patched, hopefully at least. There are times I'll jump in with 2 minutes left with no timeouts and my b-team guys in. Not sure how that happens. Still some imperfections for sure...but I'll take it over anything else you can find out there in a AAA console sports game.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Totally agree with this. It has changed completely my point of view of MyGM, a mode I liked last year but that I drop just because I couldn't play that much. Now, I am 20 games in my season, and I played 6 or 7 complete games. Wonderful feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think ultimately the problem with this feature will be VC integration. The way I see it 2k can do the following things:

1) Give VC if you play any portion of the game (even if very small).
2) Give no VC unless you play the whole game.
3) Give VC if you play a select amount of the game (perhaps one half or one quarter).

Each of these has bad game play implications.

1) If VC is awarded regardless of the amount played (more than 0 minutes) gamers will farm VC this way and it will cascade into ruining balance in MyCareer/MyPark.
2) If VC is not awarded unless the entire game is played, players that rely on simcast to enjoy MyGM cannot advance in the RPG game mode.
3) if VC is not awarded unless a select amount of the game is played it really defeats most of the upside to simcast.

My answer: eliminate VC altogether in MyGM. Create a separate currency (GMC?). Allow GMC to be earned even if the whole game is simcast. Done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »