Home

NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #17
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd

Hardly anyone needs to be added, the prospects are mostly in this game as EA has the rights to the Euro and Junior leagues. It is simply a matter of adding them to NHL teams in most cases. No re-rating, no updating pictures or cyber faces, and no new information is being added here. This is something that a non-EA employee could have probably done in about an hour or so, yet it is this way every year.

They could update the rosters after the first two days and most people would be happy. You would get all of the NHLPA guys in on their proper teams then as they are now part of the union. Then you could go back and update the roster as many times as needed over the course of the season... if you had a competent company with people who were able to meet deadlines working on your game.

Instead we get a few half-assed updates over the course of the season. Things with special teams units being completely wrong, or wrong-handed players, and players that have come back from injuries weeks ago still not being available for online play.

A roster update is the very least a company can do to keep their game "updated" and relevant. The EA NHL product has historically been amongst the worst in providing this to their "valued" consumers.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #18
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

This game desperately needs a "Roster Vault" a la MLB The Show. Anyone who plays that game knows that the rosters the community edits are incredible and highly detailed.

They need to add this for next year and give us full control over player edits as well. Let us edit every single player and team in the different leagues and that would all but solve the roster issues. A better create a player than they have had in recent years is needed as well.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Hardly anyone needs to be added, the prospects are mostly in this game as EA has the rights to the Euro and Junior leagues. It is simply a matter of adding them to NHL teams in most cases. No re-rating, no updating pictures or cyber faces, and no new information is being added here. This is something that a non-EA employee could have probably done in about an hour or so, yet it is this way every year.

They could update the rosters after the first two days and most people would be happy. You would get all of the NHLPA guys in on their proper teams then as they are now part of the union. Then you could go back and update the roster as many times as needed over the course of the season... if you had a competent company with people who were able to meet deadlines working on your game.

Instead we get a few half-assed updates over the course of the season. Things with special teams units being completely wrong, or wrong-handed players, and players that have come back from injuries weeks ago still not being available for online play.

A roster update is the very least a company can do to keep their game "updated" and relevant. The EA NHL product has historically been amongst the worst in providing this to their "valued" consumers.
Again, I only recently purchased NHL 15 and am not familiar with this game, but I am very familiar with MLB the Show. They released their first live roster update April 7 - a week after opening day and a month after spring training begins. Players suspended or injured are not suspended or injured in their updates, they are available to play. Minor league players and foreign players with no MLB experience are not included in their rosters.

It seems to me you are being overly critical relative to what other popular sports games do with roster updates. First roster update seems to be about on the same schedule as MLB the Show and I suspect the Show has a larger development staff focused only on ps3/ps4 whereas NHL is developing the game for 4 platforms.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #20
Pro

Update would be nice so you can start gm mode with all the players on the right teams
Old 10-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #21
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

So you tell me in one breath that you essentially have no idea what you are talking about with the NHL series, but then go on to explain to me how I am pretty much entirely wrong. Okay...

All that needs to be said is this; NHL 15 released on Sept. 9th. It is now Oct. 17. There has not been one roster update past the initial release rosters that were put out. And historically speaking, there have usually only been updates after the initial roster update to start the season and then maybe once around December or January, and then finally once more after the trade deadline.

I know Madden and The Show gets the updates weekly. If Ovechkin goes down tomorrow with a 2 week long injury (which is like 3-5 games) and that is included in this upcoming update, you may not get to play with Ovi in an online match until 2015!

Not to mention that by the time this update drops the lines will be half incorrect and the ratings are awful in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #22
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
I edited the rosters myself to play offline, so it's no that big a deal to me.

Except that you can't change numbers (or captains) and some guys are skating around as #1 and it looks dumb as hell. This needs to be patched.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
So you tell me in one breath that you essentially have no idea what you are talking about with the NHL series, but then go on to explain to me how I am pretty much entirely wrong. Okay...

All that needs to be said is this; NHL 15 released on Sept. 9th. It is now Oct. 17. There has not been one roster update past the initial release rosters that were put out. And historically speaking, there have usually only been updates after the initial roster update to start the season and then maybe once around December or January, and then finally once more after the trade deadline.

I know Madden and The Show gets the updates weekly. If Ovechkin goes down tomorrow with a 2 week long injury (which is like 3-5 games) and that is included in this upcoming update, you may not get to play with Ovi in an online match until 2015!

Not to mention that by the time this update drops the lines will be half incorrect and the ratings are awful in general.
I understand your frustration but what do you suppose the size of the developer staff is for the Show and Madden compared to NHL?

Madden first week sales 1.3 million.

MLB first week sales 300,000.

NHL first week sales 90,000.

Comparing NHL to those games to NHL is like comparing a 5 man rowing crew to a guy rowing solo.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #24
Rookie

Does anyone have a problem on the PS4 version where sometimes when you have an open lane to shoot the puck and flick the shot stick that the player doesnt shoot? It doesnt happen everytime or in every game but when it does happen it costs me great opportunities. I played 4 games last night and in one game it happened to me. I had breakaways, wrap arounds, etc and it refused to shoot the puck. I only had 6 shots that game bc of it. Hopefully its fixed with a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »