Home

NBA Live Executive Producer: There will be an NBA Live 16 (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA Live Executive Producer: There will be an NBA Live 16 (Polygon) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:16 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Future of Live Series (Polygon )

Here is the guarantee O'Brien will make, though: NBA Live 15 will be better than NBA Live 14 by about this much, he says, holding one hand about a foot above the other. Not sure if that's suspose to be a good thing?

Sounds alot like the Madden team, wait til next year. 3 year plan, smh.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 10-20-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #18
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Funny part is I don't see one "apologist" post in this thread lol
Funnier part is there isn't any "tin foil hat conspiracy" posts in this thread either. But I'll throw you guys a bone.

These kind of articles aren't helping this franchise at all. They won't show any sort of unedited gameplay of the game to this point and they're okaying articles that can be read as 'yeah, we're selling you a less than stellar game this year with the intention of giving you that stellar product two years from now.' Why is 17 even being mentioned in this article? Next year is the third year of this 3 year plan crap that they've been selling, don't start talking to us about Live 17.

I don't trust EA though man. I know guys are going to cling to him "confirming" that the series is here to stay, but EA Sports is the epitome of snake oil salesmen. Things change when sales numbers come out man and it's their jobs to tell you stuff like that. Elite was ready to be released and that didn't save it. Live 13 was "already in development" and that didn't save it. They told us that none of Live 13 was in Live 14 and we could see from the video of both games that that wasn't accurate. The honesty and candidness of the team is appreciated. But EA's word means absolutely nothing unfortunately.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Funnier part is there isn't any "tin foil hat conspiracy" posts in this thread either. But I'll throw you guys a bone.

These kind of articles aren't helping this franchise at all. They won't show any sort of unedited gameplay of the game to this point and they're okaying articles that can be read as 'yeah, we're selling you a less than stellar game this year with the intention of giving you that stellar product two years from now.' Why is 17 even being mentioned in this article? Next year is the third year of this 3 year plan crap that they've been selling, don't start talking to us about Live 17.

I don't trust EA though man. I know guys are going to cling to him "confirming" that the series is here to stay, but EA Sports is the epitome of snake oil salesmen. Things change when sales numbers come out man and it's their jobs to tell you stuff like that. Elite was ready to be released and that didn't save it. Live 13 was "already in development" and that didn't save it. They told us that none of Live 13 was in Live 14 and we could see from the video of both games that that wasn't accurate. The honesty and candidness of the team is appreciated. But EA's word means absolutely nothing unfortunately.
So if you don't trust EA that much why even bother? I knew what I was looking for with 2K15. Now that I realize I'm not getting what I want I don't post or really go into that forum. You truly seem convinced that Live 15 won't deliver the "goods". So why still come here investing time to follow up and spreading more doubt? I have my doubts because of some of the marketing tactics and lack of exposure. However instead of speaking about the game without knowing either way. I'm reserving my judgment until I have something more tangible to form an opinions about. Especailly because all the few things they have shown has looked really good to me.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:47 AM   #20
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So if you don't trust EA that much why even bother? I knew what I was looking for with 2K15. Now that I realize I'm not getting what I want I don't post or really go into that forum. You truly seem convinced that Live 15 won't deliver the "goods". So why still come here investing time to follow up and spreading more doubt? I have my doubts because of some of the marketing tactics and lack of exposure. However instead of speaking about the game without knowing either way. I'm reserving my judgment until I have something more tangible to form an opinions about. Especailly because all the few things they have shown has looked really good to me.
Here's an idea. Read what I wrote and not what you want to believe I wrote. Where in that entire post do you see me saying that 15 won't deliver the goods? Where am I speaking about 15 without knowing about the game? Where am I not reserving judgement about the game? I'm speaking strictly about this article that's been posted. And not that it's your business or anybody else's for that matter, but I "bother" because I still want to see Live become great again. As someone that grew up playing Live, it physically pains me to see what the series has devolved into and rather than sit around yes manning everything they do good or bad and blindly being led to the slaughter every year like so many seem to be all to ready to do every year now around here, I'm going to call things like I see them. There's a pattern with this franchise that's been going on for years, every single year and it actually boggles my mind that people continue to want to just wait it out and see the same signs fly in their faces and then want to wait it out to see if the same movie has suddenly gotten a new ending.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:56 AM   #21
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
There's a pattern with this franchise that's been going on for years, every single year and it actually boggles my mind that people continue to want to just wait it out and see the same signs fly in their faces and then want to wait it out to see if the same movie has suddenly gotten a new ending.

Its this scene from a classic King...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #22
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Either way we'll know about the game in a few days they can't hide forever . Might as well release some gameplay now smh
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #23
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

First words from the producer was he's not trying to sell anyone on the game.

So..they're being knocked because of what exactly?

No gameplay videos? No demo?

LOL..he told you straight up he's not trying to reel you in.

Let them dudes cook.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

yeah. This is really concerning to me. Also the words of for Live 16 we will "staff up". Um, shoudln't you have staffed up for 14 and 15?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »