Home

Driveclub's Online Issues, Average Gameplay a Forgettable Experience (PS4 Review)

This is a discussion on Driveclub's Online Issues, Average Gameplay a Forgettable Experience (PS4 Review) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
If this game had realistic damage that affected your performance then it would be so much better. I get that they weren't going for an all out simulation, but I don't like the fact that I can crash into a wall head on going 100 miles an hour and not have any affect at all on my cars handling smh. I hope this game gets a lot of post release support & partches because it does have potential.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Good review and i think 5/10 is even a bit generous. Pre-ordered and three weeks later are the online servers only occasionally available. First game ever on the PS4 I contemplated asking for a refund. Single player is amazingly shallow - can't believe that there's not even a replay mode. I have no desire to ever launch this again.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Driveclub's Online Issues, Average Gameplay a Forgettable Experience (PS4 Review)

Sometime I have to wonder if some of you people even read the other posts or do any research on a game at all. REPLAY MODE IS COMING SOON.

Last edited by JMD; 10-28-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Driveclub's Online Issues, Average Gameplay a Forgettable Experience (PS4 Review)

Reading this review has just reaffirmed my decision to hold off on this game until I get a chance to try out the PS+ Extended trial version. What's weird is I was planning on buying a PS4 when the DriveClub released because there really wasn't any other title for the PS4 that I just had to have. When The Golf Club proved to be so much better on the PS4 than the XB1, I broke down and bought a PS4 for it. Now that DriveClub has released and I've read all the negative reaction to it, I have no desire to even try it until they get is plethora of issues worked out. Hell, it might be at least another six weeks before they can't risk bringing the servers to their knees againg with the release of the "free" PS+ version.

I appreciate the candor in the review.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:50 AM   #13
Rookie

CrackinBacks's Arena

OVR: 2
I played it for about 30 mins on my son's PS4, and well, that was about all I could stand. The game was truely overhyped, which I think is why it was such a let down. Game looks great, but graphics can only take a game so far. Glad my kid was able to try a used copy out first and was able to get his money back. For those other gamers who were greatly disappointed, don't worry, the Crew will be here in December, and you still have Project Cars to look forward to. I'm just glad I have good racing game in Horizon 2 to go back to playing.

Last edited by CrackinBacks; 10-28-2014 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

This game is A LOT of fun to me.

It takes me back to the PS1 Need For Speed days. Just about the racing and cars. The CPU AI is a lot of fun to race. I think it's a solid start and foundation even without MP right now.

I haven't even used many of the higher end cars. I won't move on from a race/event until I get every achievement either.

I'm glad I don't make my purchases based on reviews.

Last edited by AUChase; 11-03-2014 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »