Home

Today's Huge PS4 Update Brings New Features Galore

This is a discussion on Today's Huge PS4 Update Brings New Features Galore within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Today's Huge PS4 Update Brings New Features Galore

The long anticipated and hyped PS4 2.0 update is arriving with tons of new features for gamers today.

The biggest feature is the new 'Share Play' feature which will allow gamers to start a party in order to let their friends spectate them playing a game or even hand over control of a game. The person who virtually gets control of a game doesn't need to own it in order to play, which sets up some fun possibilities for sure.

There will also be YouTube integration as well as new themes for you to customize your dashboard with. You'll also be able to play music files from USB drives -- as well as use USB drives for data backup and restoration.

Also, PlayStation Plus users will be able to install monthly games by simply adding them to your library -- which eliminates the need to install every free game which will absolutely eat away at your HDD space.

There have been a couple of problems reported thus far, as users are having some issues getting their YouTube accounts to work and there are not currently any themes available in the PS Store. We expect both will be taken care of pretty shortly!

What do you think of the new update?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Glad to see themes back. Console seems so bare when I start it up now. Themes and a little customization go a long way to making it feel like it's 'your' console.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Updated it. Was able to download 1 of 2 themes available. Have not tried YouTube and USB yet.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Rookie

wait so if i dont own 2k and my friend does he can let me play his?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Does this work for online head to head? Like could you get someone better than you at a sports title to play on your account while you play online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Re: Today's Huge PS4 Update Brings New Features Galore

Please let me know how the music player works. Can you play your own music during gameplay?
Old 10-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
Rookie

y2j469's Arena

OVR: 3
The USB Music player seems to work well in game. Only problem is the music simply plays over the in game music so you'll have to turn off in game music or all songs will play over top of each other.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #8
Rookie

After the update I can no longer sign into PSN, has this happen to anyone else??

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »