Home

EA Has Record Quarter Thanks To Madden Success, Mobile Growth

This is a discussion on EA Has Record Quarter Thanks To Madden Success, Mobile Growth within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Has Record Quarter Thanks To Madden Success, Mobile Growth

Madden helped fuel an amazing quarter for EA, as the company recorded record revenues for the quarter. At this point, Madden players have logged 89 million games played, which is up 48 percent over last year's Madden.

In addition, EA's mobile sports games are logging in 40 million monthly active users, up 250 percent over last year.

From the GamesIndustry article:

"On a GAAP basis, total revenues climbed from $695 million to $990 million (with digital accounting for $508 million), while profit improved to $3 million (up from a loss of $273 million last year)."

Also Andrew Wilson was quoted in the article:

"Electronic Arts continues to put our players first, delivering new experiences, innovation and new ways to play," said Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson. "It was an excellent second quarter, with strong new titles, deep player engagement in our live services and ongoing digital growth driving continued momentum."

The bang-up quarter for EA is a huge sign the company's strategy is working, as more and more gamers engage with their products on screens of all shapes and sizes. Digital and mobile are driving the growth right now, and it stands to reason more and more offerings will be coming from EA and that avenue. EA's stock is up in after-hours trading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
This is definitely the most enjoyable Madden I've ever played. I think they're headed in a positive direction.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Okay i cannot resist........ "They also recording a historic number of Sacks in game".

Other than that one of the best maddens I have played since 2005, to bad sacks are over the top to the point of ruining human vs computer games. But maybe that is the point, they have geared this game to online gaming crowd and ultimate team. Sad to see, wish we could have a experience that made all involved happy: offline and online.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2
First enjoyable madden game in a decade IMO. Funny how when you make a good game the market responds.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great news now lets hope they can use some of this newly earned revenue and invest some time and effort into putting out a decent NHL game... One can dream right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 05:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Great !! Let's hope that mAke them happy enough to stop signing the nfl to these damn exclusive contracts
Old 10-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
This is definitely the most enjoyable Madden I've ever played. I think they're headed in a positive direction.
agreed....100%
Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
Rookie

I would love to see how NHL impacted these numbers. Sales had to be WAY down.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »