Home

NBA Live 15 Shows Improvement Across the Board This Season (PS4/XB1 Review)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Shows Improvement Across the Board This Season (PS4/XB1 Review) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 15 Shows Improvement Across the Board This Season (PS4/XB1 Review)

The review didn't read like 5.5. I read the review first and then saw the score and was surprised.

It is very fair though. You could've been a lot more harsh for all the things which are missing.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's a bad game. I want it to be good because of all of 2k's vc bs, but it's not.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #11
Rookie

esham313's Arena

5.5 is about right. it's a mediocre game at best. Only played the demo. Graphics are better but it plays like a ps2 game. No wonder none of the retailers in my city carried the game. Glad I couldn't find one before I played the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #12
Rookie

5.5 sounds about right I had the game at a 5 myself. It's just not a good game in my opinion. I was pulling for live maybe 2016.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Hopefully guys read the review, instead of just looking at the score and passing. This line in particular:

Quote:
Let’s make this clear, even though there are issues with the gameplay, for the most part it is solid, and in my humble opinion, a lot of fun to play.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkcusD
It's a bad game. I want it to be good because of all of 2k's vc bs, but it's not.
This is a good review. I like the way you game a brief, detailed summary of all the game modes. Your criticisms were all valid and on point. I think you could have gone a little more in-depth regarding the specifics of the game modes (e.g. NBA Rewind or LUT). Towards the end the review became more of a CliffsNotes summary instead of a review. Ultimately, I think you captured the essence of NBA Live 15 pretty well.

I give you a 5.5/10
Old 10-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
This is a good review. I like the way you game a brief, detailed summary of all the game modes. Your criticisms were all valid and on point. I think you could have gone a little more in-depth regarding the specifics of the game modes (e.g. NBA Rewind or LUT). Towards the end the review became more of a CliffsNotes summary instead of a review. Ultimately, I think you captured the essence of NBA Live 15 pretty well.

I give you a 5.5/10
I give my accidental quote fail a 5.5/10 as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #16
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Hopefully guys read the review, instead of just looking at the score and passing. This line in particular:
I'd agree with this statement based on my time with the demo. While playing I couldn't help but think that me n my friends would have a blast playing. I understand that there are people disappointed and underwhelmed but in comparison to this series recent history this game is miles better.

it is simply unfair to compare or expect this game to be at the same quality as "the other game". We are talking about one game that has been continually improved over the past 15 years or so and another game that has essentially been rebuilt over the past two years. It would be like expecting a undeveloped 2 year player to play as well as a 15 year allstar. There is an enjoyable and fun game here if the game isn't looked at critically or cynically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »