Home

Tony Hawk Working with Activision on a Console Version of the THPS Series

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk Working with Activision on a Console Version of the THPS Series within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tony Hawk Working with Activision on a Console Version of the THPS Series

Tony Hawk is currently working with Activision on a console version of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater series, with plans to release it sometime in 2015.

GameSpot mentioned the mobile game, Tony Hawk's Shred Session, has been placed on an indefinite hold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Tony Hawk Working with Activision on a Console Version of the THPS Series

Good. I'm sure these games have phased out in my life, but if it's alongside THPS 2 - THPS 4 and is less than $40, I will for sure give it a fair shake.

Actually, I take that back. If it's a $60 title, that might mean the game had some serious attention given to it. I'll give it a look regardless.

What we really need is a new Skate game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I wonder who is going to make this new game, since long-time Tony Hawk developer Neversoft no longer exists after their remaining employees merged with Infinity Ward to continue working on Call of Duty.

If it's Robomodo's job again, it's hard to have much enthusiasm when the three Tony Hawk games they've made (Ride, Shred, Pro Skater HD) have all been terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What we really need is a new Skate game.
Sadly, the studio responsible for the Skate trilogy (Black Box) was shut down in 2013.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Skate never did it for me like THPS did... There was a fun factor that was unmatched in THPS vs skate
Old 11-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I wonder who is going to make this new game, since long-time Tony Hawk developer Neversoft no longer exists after their remaining employees merged with Infinity Ward to continue working on Call of Duty.

If it's Robomodo's job again, it's hard to have much enthusiasm when the three Tony Hawk games they've made (Ride, Shred, Pro Skater HD) have all been terrible.

Sadly, the studio responsible for the Skate trilogy (Black Box) was shut down in 2013.

The tony hawk games used to be some of my favorite video games. I didn't know that neversoft was not around any more. Tony hawk American wast land is when the tony hawk games started to go down hill has it was a good game but not has good has the other games but it was the last good tony hawk game. I want a good tony hawk game again but I think there is a better change of even a good madden game before we get a good tony hawk game again. Tony hawk 4 was my favorite but tony hawk 3, 4 and undergrond 2 where all great and tony hawk wast land and underground 1 where good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I want a good tony hawk game again but I think there is a better change of even a good madden game before we get a good tony hawk game again.
There are a lot of problems with this statement:

1) Many consider Madden 15 to be a fine game (sure there are broken items, but even the great 2K games had broken issues too).

2) TH games get to create an identity, and feel they have to be creative without being stale... Madden must follow an identity, and as long as they do nobody will ever complain of it being stale. So, they did Pro Skater, American Wasteland, Underground, Project [8], then Motion, Ride, and Shred. They have to keep changing the style to cater toward their crowd that will enjoy their game, and this was especially true when Skate jumped in and said, "We're going simulation."

3) Madden releases every year, thus I'd say it has "more chances" to get things right. There sure have been a lot of Tony Hawk games, but they don't release yearly. If this one doesn't get it right, they will take a while before making another one again. I'd say even those who aren't in love with Madden now (including myself) will hold onto more hope they'll "fix it" before TH. This only makes more sense that Madden will get it right first, so this isn't really a fair comparison.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
There are a lot of problems with this statement:

1) Many consider Madden 15 to be a fine game (sure there are broken items, but even the great 2K games had broken issues too).

2) TH games get to create an identity, and feel they have to be creative without being stale... Madden must follow an identity, and as long as they do nobody will ever complain of it being stale. So, they did Pro Skater, American Wasteland, Underground, Project [8], then Motion, Ride, and Shred. They have to keep changing the style to cater toward their crowd that will enjoy their game, and this was especially true when Skate jumped in and said, "We're going simulation."

3) Madden releases every year, thus I'd say it has "more chances" to get things right. There sure have been a lot of Tony Hawk games, but they don't release yearly. If this one doesn't get it right, they will take a while before making another one again. I'd say even those who aren't in love with Madden now (including myself) will hold onto more hope they'll "fix it" before TH. This only makes more sense that Madden will get it right first, so this isn't really a fair comparison.

1. NBA 2k is a way way better game then madden and only has small issues and I never cared for NFL 2k and I haven't found a madden game to be good sences madden 07 on gamecube. Getting 8-9 sacks a game on all pro on madden no matter what I do the CPU QB hold on to the ball to long way to often so that is a game killer to me and no peanerties to and owner mode is broken with the money issue. I was just joking has I used to love madden but haven't sences 07 and I used to love tony hawk but haven't sences American waste land so I am just furstraited that 2 games I liked I haven't liked in a long long time.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
1. NBA 2k ...
... has nothing to do with this conversation.

It is interesting that they completely ditched a mobile effort. Are the first two THPS games available in the PSX store? I would get THPS 2 for Vita in a heartbeat.

Outside of career, my friend and I played Tag at the school on THPS 2 for hours on end, literally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »