Home

PES 2015 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Reviews From Around the Web within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2015 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I'm happy the review scores coming in are so good, but IMO the game is benefitting from having been so bad for so long. Think about it, the menus are ancient, master league and BAL are right out of PS2 era, the commentary is pathetic at best, they've attempted to add micro transactions, transfers by some accounts are borked, licenses are severely lacking, options files are a no go for next gen, and finally there's a complete lack of fouls. It simply doesn't compute. If FIFA had these issues it would get a 4 rating, regardless if it was a Picasso on the pitch or not. I really feel these reviewers are doing new players to the series a disservice. Then I did some snooping, and alas from what I've gathered,many of these so called "reviewers" are staunch PES supporters, another factor for these unwarranted high ratings.
Again I'm not trying to rain on the parade, on the pitch by all accounts this is a fantastic game, but a game review should take into account the "entire" game, not just the strong points.
I agree with you on most aspects. A lot are not addressing the game as a whole package which is surprising. Still look forward to playing it somewhere down the line but Master League looks so unsatisfying to me; might give BaL a try though.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with those who have a negative assessment. Although the gameplay shows promise it just isn't enough to sway me. No editing is a disaster for PES. FIFA's weak spot is it's overselling of FUT and under improving career mode. Now PES comes with FUT-lite and a dull master league. Sorry, but the CL license just isn't enough for me. Maybe next year.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #11
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I'm happy the review scores coming in are so good, but IMO the game is benefitting from having been so bad for so long. Think about it, the menus are ancient, master league and BAL are right out of PS2 era, the commentary is pathetic at best, they've attempted to add micro transactions, transfers by some accounts are borked, licenses are severely lacking, options files are a no go for next gen, and finally there's a complete lack of fouls. It simply doesn't compute. If FIFA had these issues it would get a 4 rating, regardless if it was a Picasso on the pitch or not. I really feel these reviewers are doing new players to the series a disservice. Then I did some snooping, and alas from what I've gathered,many of these so called "reviewers" are staunch PES supporters, another factor for these unwarranted high ratings.
Again I'm not trying to rain on the parade, on the pitch by all accounts this is a fantastic game, but a game review should take into account the "entire" game, not just the strong points.
I agree 100% with you. There's no way this game should be rated this high with all the things it has missing, and I plan on getting the game tomorrow. To me, the gameplay is top notch, but it is so limited everywhere else. For starters the amount of stadiums in this game is inexcusable. Then they bragged about stadium editor being back, but it's not the stadium editor you remember from previous games. It's more like stadium decorator. They said the player and team edit modes were much improved, but it's exactly the same as last year, only they've taken some things out of it. Knowing we need a good edit mode because there's no option files. The commentary is still God awful and the presentation is nowhere near the level of FIFA. On top of that, the servers, weekly updates, and the new game mode hasn't really been tested yet. I would give this game a 6.5-10 at best only because the gameplay saves it from being a disaster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Been bad for so long? PES/WE was good back when FIFA was total garbage.

It's not getting perfect scores, 8 to 8.5 is what the game should get on average. Only reason it shouldn't be higher is because it's missing the things many have already mentioned.

Right now, PES 2015 is at 84 on metacritic. FIFA 2015 82. They both should review about the same considering the pros and cons.

Gameplay will always carry more weight in a review than having an excess amount of stadiums and licenses, as it should. If the game played a realistic game of football with 2 teams and only one stadium, it still wouldn't be close to a disaster.

Last edited by Ronoko; 11-11-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
Gameplay will always carry more weight in a review than having an excess amount of stadiums and licenses, as it should.
Speak for yourself....not for $60.00 plus dollars
Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #14
Rookie

For me, and for many others, the most important aspect of ANY sports game is the gameplay. The gameplay in PES2015 is really amazing, and it have a lot of game modes and licenses, may not be as much as the other game but itīs more than enough, IMO, to receive such high scores like itīs getting.

For all the people that prefers licenses over gameplay, you have Fifa to play, have fun.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2015 Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
The Eurogamer review hits it out of the park. Especially the first two paragraphs about arcade/simulation debate. Well written and factual.
Eurogamer gave PES 2014 a 9 out of 10 as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »