Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 108: Madden 60 Days Later

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 108: Madden 60 Days Later within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 108: Madden 60 Days Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
Seriously, is anyone that understands football playing this game at all?? I mean are they not seeing the broken nonsense taking place in gameplay??

Here's a small list of issues I have with the game that can ALL be backed up with visual video evidence.

Limbs and body tangibility
Poor Ball tangibility
No Collision awareness
Broken Tackling physics
Broken Blocking physics
Broken Animation sequences
Broken Read react A.I.
Broken Zone coverage A.I.
Broken Man coverage A.I.
Broken Blocking logic
Lack of football techniques
Lack of football fundamentals
No Organic awareness
Rubber band A.I.
Stiff Last Gen animations
Levitating Players
Bad QB mechanics
Broken challenge system
Broken penalty system
Inconsequential weather
Warping and Suction
Sliding Animations
Synchronized Animations
Meaningless Player Stats
Player's bodies contorting
Players stuck in odd positions
Predetermined outcomes
Players spring boarding
Player's arms phasing through own
bodies from stiff arm animation

What game on this planet with all these issues would be considered game of the year??? Who is reviewing this game?? Seriously. Get someone in there that knows football. This is why the game will never improve. Baffling, truly baffling.

Yeah I laught when they said the game on the year thing and compared it to NBA 2k. While NBA 2k may not be a perfect game no game is all the problems that NBA 2k has all small. Madden has sever big problems. The QB takes way to many sacks witch leads to drives that should results in touchdowns end up has FG and drives that should be FG end up in punts. Also because the CPU takes to many sacks you have games where the CPU will have a fumble on a sack on a play where they shouldn't have even taking the sack giving you a the ball when you shouldn't have forced a turnover. Also owner mode is broken has you cant even afforded to keep the players you have on your team if you are a small market team.

Now NBA 2k the biggest problem is that the CPU scores to many PIP a game but it is not even close to has bad has the CPU taking all the sacks in madden. There are no enough fouls in NBA 2k but even still you get 60% of what you should get where in madden you get like no peanerties at all. Also form the sound of things the patch for NBA 2k should make the fouls better. While NBA 2k has some problems in MYLEAGUE, MYGM mode none of them are has killer has the money thing in owner mode in madden. Also the QB sack thing in madden leads to the ROBO QB. I find that the CPU will over though passes but the reason QB have a high completion % is because they hold on to the ball to much. Example say I play a game and the CPU goes 24-33 witch would be 72%. In that game I will probly have 8-9 sacks and 5-6 of them are because the CPU will not pass the ball. Now if the CPU where to force a pass or throw the ball away like they should they would probly only compelte like 2 of those 5 or 6 passes witch would make them 26-38 or 26-39 instead of 25-33 witch would be more like 66-68% if the CPU would throw the ball away like they should.

Last edited by darkknightrises; 11-09-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
That's a good find, I called gamestop yesterday and would only offer me $21 bucks for it. This weekend I played a lot more than I have in a while, but the verdict is the same: robo qb, game lacking in most areas, and the biggest flaw, the qb holding on to the ball and taking sack after sack makes this game unplayable offline. The robo qbs are bad enough, but the qbs constantly taking sacks even renders that useless, since it puts the ai on 3rd and longs and they're usually forced to punt.

6 of my defensive players were nominated for DPOTY. My rolb lead the league with 38 sacks only in week 11, while my lolb was 2nd with 34 sacks. On the flip side, the next highest sack total from an ai controlled team only had 9 sacks, and for whatever reason the simmed qb stats are bad. Andrew Luck had 15 tds/11 ints as the commentators praised him for having 'few' ints.

And one final cringe worthy moment, Rex Ryan(now the coach of the Packers) was wearing a Packers jersey while still wearing his Jets cap. While that's not as big as the game's other problems, I'm left wondering how things like this are overlooked, so obviously I strongly disagree with the podcast hosts on this being nominated as a goty candidate.

Yeah figured 39 not bad. With buying the game at 60 plus tax it was like 65-39 so really it only cost me 26 to have the game for has long has I had it and like I said I am going to skip next year. The only reason I got the game this year was because I skipped last year and I wanted to know what the game was like on the new systems and I have yet to see a redbox that has ps4 or xbox one games. Ever redbox I have seen only has xbox 360, ps3 and wii u games and I don't have a block buster around any more so really I don't have any way to rent new games any more. Yeah not only do sacks result in the CPU and punts but they also some times result in fumbles that shouldn't happened so they result in lost points by the CPU and giving you a change to get points off turnovers that shouldn't happen. Also owner mode being broken with the money thing hurts a lot to.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I think Kat described madden the best 60 days out. The game is sterile. The game gets repetitive quickly, the presentation does nothing to distract me from its many flaws.

Online leagues is the only place to go to get a good madden experience but even that's not enough. I log on every 4-5 days to get my game in and then it's back collecting dust while I play other more entertaining games.

I used to be a play year round, madden first console game I buy type. But those days seem ages ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 03:32 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

The fact that anyone would consider this to be game of the year has made me realize that football gaming is no longer something I'll bother with. Football gaming peaked in 2004 and has taken a dive to the deepest crevices of the earth since. I really hope something else comes out so that people can remember that we had far better football games more than a decade ago on older hardware. Far better...
Old 11-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agree 100% with the above post. When I play madden now it feels like a chore vs fun. For whatever reason, and there are many this years madden is the one that I stopped playing the quickest. If you have played one game of madden, then you have played a hundred. Hoping for better in the future.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

After 60 days with this game, I'm not sure how anyone could give it more than a 5 on a 10 point scale. Lack of penalties, too many sacks, Robo QB, Franchise problems, the list goes on.

This looks like a first effort instead of a franchise that's been doing this for 20+years.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #15
Rookie

You know what would be great? I wish i would have the money and/or resources to do this but, someone should just make a football game without the licenses and the user would be able to edit everything. The user can make it a college game or a pro game. have it so the user can create all the logos, uniforms and even the stadiums. HAve everything generic out of the box but let us go to work on everything. I would buy that in a second. All the game makers have to do is make the game play on the field and let us do the rest. The game play would obviously have to be solid in order for it to work. And, instead of an annual release, just keep patching in fixes or upgrades. Have all the TV rights involved somehow (CBS, ESPN, NBC etc. college and pro) with some of the announcers or you can have made up ones or have Frank Calliendo do them all lol! something, anything other than Madden..I think everyone is ready for a change and this would be it. Madden would have to either step it up big time or die.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
Seriously, is anyone that understands football playing this game at all?? I mean are they not seeing the broken nonsense taking place in gameplay??

Here's a small list of issues I have with the game that can ALL be backed up with visual video evidence.

Limbs and body tangibility
Poor Ball tangibility
No Collision awareness
Broken Tackling physics
Broken Blocking physics
Broken Animation sequences
Broken Read react A.I.
Broken Zone coverage A.I.
Broken Man coverage A.I.
Broken Blocking logic
Lack of football techniques
Lack of football fundamentals
No Organic awareness
Rubber band A.I.
Stiff Last Gen animations
Levitating Players
Bad QB mechanics
Broken challenge system
Broken penalty system
Inconsequential weather
Warping and Suction
Sliding Animations
Synchronized Animations
Meaningless Player Stats
Player's bodies contorting
Players stuck in odd positions
Predetermined outcomes
Players spring boarding
Player's arms phasing through own
bodies from stiff arm animation

What game on this planet with all these issues would be considered game of the year??? Who is reviewing this game?? Seriously. Get someone in there that knows football. This is why the game will never improve. Baffling, truly baffling.
WOW. I love these podcasts but when the 2 guests mentioned sports game of the year or game of the year on the same sentence as madden I turned off the podcast this game has so many issues with madden. Not trying trash them but there is video proof of theese flaws and how can you be goty without db/wr interactions? Also I want to point out the podcasts members seem to only care about connected career which is cool but its getting a little ccm heavy. I wish this was on YouTube like the other ones so I could have skipped through it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »