Home

Madden NFL 15 Players Actually Don't Want to Touch the Ball

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Players Actually Don't Want to Touch the Ball within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
The one thing I will disagree with the poster is that they haven't taken care of Jack sh@#t. The game is still a sloppy mess plagued by a multitude of issues. Rubber Band A.I. Man coverage is abismal, zone coverage is still nonsense. What happened to the player sense 2.0? The list is endless. Still a very long way to go before this game resembles real football.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Not that this is a fix-all, but are any more significant patches expected? Rex pretty much admitted that gang tackling, wr/db interaction and multiplayer true-step, were not in this year game, but I'll take whatever they can patch that improves the game at any level.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Players Actually Don't Want to Touch the Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabish
(Turn around,put hands in pocket ) this is why nfl2k need to come back ,to put some fire u red ea's butt to fix things...when criticism like oh the other game has this and has that..

2K did A LOT of things better & beautifully but DB AI was not one of them....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Everything in this game is predetermined.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

And there you have it: it's our back of the box feature for Madden 16.

"Fight for the ball !"
Old 11-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #14
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
This is why I had to trade in Madden. After a month, it gets boring because of this exact issue. Each game feels so identical to the last that it gets old feeling, fast. I bought the game thinking it was great, then the legacy issues persist while the new features wear off. There's an organic nature to NHL and FIFA games where a play opens up that's so unqiue, you feel like it's the real thing. Despite their flaws, it adds to NHL's and FIFA's replay value. Madden doesn't have those moments, it's more rinse, lather, then repeat.
wow, you said this so perfectly
Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Having played EA football games for years, plays like this seem to suggest that the outcome of the play has been determined well before the ball actually arrives. Not saying that it is "scripted", but as the ball is released, it seems the game makes some calculations to determine the outcome (instead of have the WR and DB battle). Just a theory, but it would explain the lack of "Organic" feel that Madden often suffers from.
Just watched the video someone posted above and that video lends itself toward the "every play is scripted" theory. Ball goes through the DB's hands and right to the receiver. I had something like that happen to me in Madden 10, never will forget it. The AI was the WR, and I was on defense. I had the DB in front of the receiver in the end zone. Perfect interception right? I jump, and it triggers the animation where the ball bounces off the hands though in real life it would be a catch. Thinking, ok, no problem except as it falls to the ground in front of my DB, all of a sudden 6 points go on the board. I went back to the replay, the receiver, who was behind my DB reached through my guy's stomach and caught the ball.

As for this thread, I have seen this happen in Madden 15 where the players just watch the ball go past them for no reason at all. It's like, oh look a bird. Look at the bird fly above us, never mind the fact the QB just threw the ball and that it wasn't a bird, it was the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Not that this is a fix-all, but are any more significant patches expected? Rex pretty much admitted that gang tackling, wr/db interaction and multiplayer true-step, were not in this year game, but I'll take whatever they can patch that improves the game at any level.
Funny thing is, I feel like sometimes the DBS are programmed to jump the route on a receiver, I remember one game I had a tight end skinny post and watkins running a slant as the original play, so to put the safety on an island I audible him to a fly.....next thing you know i snap the ball and the corner runs RIGHT TO the spot I would have thrown the slant at, completely ignoring watkins running by himself down the field

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »