Home

NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #17
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
I would love to see more players going down so we do not see rating inflation over the season.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #18
"I am Tiger Woods"

gottibino's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)

any way u can 'unlock' shoe brands for players without a shoe contract who switch brands on a nightly basis so we can switch them ourselves if we please...?

examples; terrence ross, jared cunningham, terrence jones, nick young & isaiah thomas etc...
Old 11-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Chris Paul 3pt should drop
Melo's mid range moving and 3pt should drop passing should go up and rebound down

Danny Green 3pt rating should drop
Terrence Ross 3pt shot should increase
Ibaka's 3pt shot should increase
Jason Terry 3pt shot should rise
Hardaway Jr 3pt shot should rise
Tony Wroten's passing needs a downgrade to make him make more bad passess

Curry's passing needs a downgrade to make him make more bad passess

I think Bed's is waiting to get more data to justify but some players are hotter in real life than the game portrays and some are lower than what they should be
Old 11-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #20
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Mo Williams three ball should drop. Shooting around 20% yet sits at an 88 standing three.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19

You know it's 5 weeks into release when people on OS are freaking out about trivial ****.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #22
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack2C

Tendencies are much more important than attribute upgrades, because you can raise a guys 3pt rating to 99 but if his tendency isn't updated, he may not even take 1 a game.

I just can't believe that each day maybe 5+ players see ratings updates, but maybe twice, or 3 times, we've seen a tendency upgrade.

Theres gotta be more work done in that area, theres really nothing more that needs to be said about that, we need tendency updates on a consistent basis to go with the daily sock and attribute boosts
While I agree with everything you are saying I have resigned myself to believing the lack of tendency updates decision is coming from somewhere above Beds.

Beds made his name here creating rosters focused on creating realistic gameplay. He knows what the tendencies do and how to adjust them appropriately.

I don't know why these decisions are made but to this point it does not seem like tendency updates are on his radar.

For those of us that love your work Beds, but couldn' t care less about Festus Ezeli's knee pads we would love to hear from you on the subject.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
I would love to see more players going down so we do not see rating inflation over the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Mo Williams three ball should drop. Shooting around 20% yet sits at an 88 standing three.
This is the "problem" with daily updates....fans see one or two good games and DEMAND that 2K change the ratings. But fans are much more likely to voice concerns over ratings being too LOW than ratings being too HIGH.

What we end up with is inflated ratings.

It's awesome 2K is putting this kind of attention to detail into the rosters this year...but there is too much knee-jerk reaction to some of this.

Shoot...earlier in the year they gave Kirk Heinrich the "Primetime" badge because of 1 or 2 clutch performances in early regular season games.

Again....just look at these daily threads. The pluses outweigh the minuses by probably 5 to 1. Eventually you will hit a tipping point where the ratings will be unbalanced.

Last edited by coached17; 11-12-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack2C
No offense, but why even have tendencies in the game if they never get updated? Every day there's updates to the game yet never any tendency updates.

Tendencies are what make players play like themselves. Remember that day that Tony Parker got a boost to his 3pt shooting? Well when I play against him, I can back off of him by more than 3 feet every time because you know why? His 3pt tendency hasn't been updated so he doesn't get aggressive when the defense doesn't respect his shot.

Jimmy butler, his take shot tendency has gone up, but his touch tendency hasn't, so guess what happens when you play the Bulls? He doesn't take enough shots.

Maybe for those who play purely online it doesn't matter, or for those who play my career and just want to average 30/20/10 on pro mode it doesn't matter, but for those who play against the cpu and want an actual sin experience, it does.

I mean no offense by this, but it's sort of like being told , here's a car that can go 200mph but there's no gas in the tank.

Please focus a little more on making players play like themselves, it's very important. I know making sure guys sock lengths and elbow band colors are important to some, and that updating ratings is nice and all, but the meat and bones are the tendencies.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
Agreed! Myself and others have already have complained enough about post player tendencies. Your best option will be to go ahead and just do the tendency adjustments as you see fit.

Last edited by STLRams; 11-12-2014 at 03:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »