Home

The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation

This is a discussion on The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yea I would love dynamic stadium music that was updated all year or to fill the energy from the crowd on a crucial 3 and 1 @ the end of a game but gameplay has to be able to simulate that moment. By this I mean typically 1 yard on madden is not hard to get because the game doesn't replicate the difficulty of a real NFL 3 and 1 same goes for goaline stands.

The stadium intros should go be real footage that cyber stadium transition blew the CBS presentation for me. They should let phil and Jim watch a game of madden and just call it like real game and pull auido from tose sessions along with the stuff they need for other modes.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation

Didn't the NCAA games have stadium music in every game since 2008 or 2009? No reason why Madden shouldn't have it. It also seems like in franchise mode they actively go out of their way to make it harder to follow the entire league each year, hell it's a mission just trying to find the stats of my last game if I simmed it.

I think they could learn from NBA 2k with the presentation of stats during games, showing the top 5-10, periodically showing the playoff picture, etc and PLEASE get more context dependent commentary. My QB won a Super Bowl and finished 2nd in MVP voting, game 1 of his 2nd season they shouldn't be treating him like a guy who is green and needs time/experience. The worst part is I have to hear it EVERY WEEK the same line word for word.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Season related league leaders stat banners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #12
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Use Jim Nantz and Phil Simms the same way NHL 15 did with Doc and Eddie.

Adopt that green screen idea.

Last edited by statum71; 11-13-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

It sounds like I may be in the minority on this, but I DON'T like it when video games use real footage of announcers or highlights. It actually hurts the immersion for me....Kind of reminds me that I am just playing a video game.

A few years back Madden was promoting some in game music like "Hail to the Redskins" and a few others. But when it would start to play, all of a sudden Ozzy Osbourne would play over it on the PA system...that always annoyed me.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #14
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
It sounds like I may be in the minority on this, but I DON'T like it when video games use real footage of announcers or highlights. It actually hurts the immersion for me....Kind of reminds me that I am just playing a video game.

A few years back Madden was promoting some in game music like "Hail to the Redskins" and a few others. But when it would start to play, all of a sudden Ozzy Osbourne would play over it on the PA system...that always annoyed me.
I completely agree.

I wish they would just show something computer generated.....that way when the current stars retire, they could still use it for players who are drafted in later years.

There is no reason why there shouldnt be a game ticker and quick highlights of other games. Like during the CBS broadcast they always say "Lets go to New York for our first update, here's JB (James Brown): Thanks Phil, the Colts didnt waste any time scoring as Andrew Luck hooks up with TY Hilton for an 80 yard TD on the second play of the game. Back to Jim and Phil".

I mean damn....if NFL 2K5 can have highlights from every freaking game 10 years ago, there is no excuses for why we cant at least see a few highlights a game and a ticker...except laziness and/or apathy.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #15
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
I think the people at EA should just watch a full season games (including the playoffs) from 1 team from each conference, and whatever stats they see in those games (that's 21 games including the pro bowl) ... they could add to the game ..... "its in the game" right? Also, between time outs and quarter changes, they could use the fly overs and shots of the city (maybe).In blow outs talk about next week and/or possibly the game of the week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 02:02 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

The presentation is too bare bones. This has been the case year after year and was the last thing I expected after finally making the leap to next gen. An old game on less powerful consoles got small details like that right. Not only did it not focus only on the qb with the same one run to the field cutscene like Madden 15 does every game, but there for multiple cutscenes for various positions.

If you played a franchise, your stats would display correctly, a nice overlay showed the standings, while a smaller graphic showed scores of other games. Replays were tv styled and showed the whole play instead of being zoomed up close to the ball. The announcers mentioned if your team were on a winning/losing streak, unlike in Madden 15 where again we're given that one line the announcers say every week: Nantz: "Well partner, one team is unbeaten."

The commentators don't have a sense of what's going on the field either. Nantz said my team didn't have much luck running the football when my 2nd string rb was subbed in for a play, even though my starting rb had over 100 yards. The stats overlays don't work right either, as they say every week how one of my players 'bounced back' from a poor performance, showing either 0's or -0.1s across the board.

Also, they said the sideline interactions(living worlds) would be so much better since they are on the more powerful consoles, but it's the same as last gen. Players are zombies either standing, or in a weird crouching stance where their jerseys suddenly become cheap knockoffs once they're on the sideline.

A 240 lb beast comes crashing towards the players on the sideline, and not only do they not interact, they are unaffected by his momentum as they simply shift slightly. Players often celebrate when they shouldn't. Why are defenders fist pumping when I gained 6 yards on 1st down? Unless you're a star player with a specific td celebration, most of the time the guy that scores kept the ball and ran randomly. How many game balls does one player need lol?

They've made football games for a long time, no excuse for presentation so poor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »