Home

The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation

This is a discussion on The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
While I enjoy some of the cutscenes, there should be an option for "Fast Play" or whatever that skips them automatically. Better yet, have an option for Never, Occaisionally or Always with the cutscenes. Still not sure why EA doesn't like options.
This is good too....Like what NBA 2K does. I would like more of an option

All Plays
1st Downs
Big Plays only - 15 yard run play, 25 yard Pass play, TD, FG...turnover...etc
None
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation

Not to open any old wounds, but I really liked the way 2K5 handled post play. If I recall correctly, during the postplay cutscene or replay, if you hit the button, the image would reduce into one quadrant of the screen....so you could continue to view it if you wanted...(and it was quick & seemless). in another quadrant was a stat based upon a player from the last play and then the bottom half of the screen you had your playbook. I believe that Madden and NCAA were also better organized back them. For the last several years, EA seems to like to have the playcall screens and replays poping up over each other and tripping over themselves.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #27
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

The commentary is never going to improve if they keep using the wrong people. They try to find the biggest names possible and stick them in the game. This is nothing against Simms, Collinsworth, Nantz or Johnson but they don't have the voices that translate well to video-games. The action is too quick in a video game for them to keep up with. Those guys record their lines like they are saying it during a normal NFL broadcast where they have time to between plays. It is a problem that plagues many sports video games.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8
I liked the different camera angles and cuts for the cam Newton game at the start, but no other moments or games seem to have that.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

Probably a very low priority, but why when I start a game and then put the controller in the middle to watch 2 teams play (cpu vs cpu) does the game use all those cut scenes and time between plays? I mean, it is close to 15-20 seconds or more before the next play gets run.

A Fast Play setting that could be used in any and all modes would be great. This would skip the cut scenes and stay focused on the action on the field.

C
Old 11-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #30
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The commentary is never going to improve if they keep using the wrong people. They try to find the biggest names possible and stick them in the game. This is nothing against Simms, Collinsworth, Nantz or Johnson but they don't have the voices that translate well to video-games.
I don't blame the announcers for this....I put this on the developers. The announcers are just handed a script to read from. It is up to the developers to make sure they say the right things at the right time. It is also up to the developers to figure out how the audio should transition if the user is speeding up the action by by-passing cut-scenes. (All the more reason for there be a setting for cut-scenes...the commentary logic could be tied to that).
Old 11-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

A lot of people added what I'd like to see--stat banners stay on longer, replays that are shot from better angles and trigger after appropriate and replay worthy plays, etc.

But I'll add one or two about the draft, because I just did a draft in my CFM.

First, there needs to be a draft timer/clock slider, just like there is for penalties. For example, I'd love to be able and just sit and watch the first round in real time, but the game makes you wait an entire two minutes per pick. It's WAY too long. Instead, I'd love to be able to change that from 2 minutes to 20 seconds or 30 seconds or 40 seconds--whatever I want.

Second, there is a Twitter feed for the draft. Problem is, the Twitter feed only updates AFTER a pick has been made. It would be so much better if, in between picks while the timer is counting down, guys like Todd McShay or Deion Sanders are essentially "live tweeting" things like, "Bills on the clock now, I think they're going to select _____!" or "Can you believe the Dolphins just passed on _____! Hopefully the Bronocs grab here" or "Only a few more seconds left, the Cowboys better select that freak athlete _____!"

Although the random draft classes aren't perfect (wonky shoulder pads, dreads), they are actually pretty good overall. Some classes will have five LT's going in round 1, other classes there are no worthy LT's at all. I like the variety. But what I don't like are the draft storylines as they are currently done. I thought they were fun in the past, as they gave you a continuing story of a guy's path to the NFL all year. Now, not only is it sporadic, but it repeats, and come draft day, Adam Shefter can give you the exact same spiel about a guy's college production--but do it for two different prospects. Gotta be fixed.

And lastly, for scouting and draft---can we at least get more to go on besides using XP points to unveil grades? I mean seriously...can't we at least get raw measurable numbers from the combine? Can't we know a guy's 40 time? Can't we know his broad jump numbers? Can't we know his entire college career stats? Or how many starts he had? Or his injury history and how many games he's missed? Because if you're not going to give us a true, playable college all-star game, or a playable combine or playable pro-day, then I'd like to reserve using my XP points on things that are intangible--throwing accuracy, awareness, play recognition, development--then things that are highly tangible (speed, jumping, etc).

Last edited by PacMan3000; 11-15-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0
Also I wish they would bring back dynamic weather it was hooked up to the weather channel on NCAA 13 and 14 it was cool and very accurate. Adds to the imersion

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »