Home

WWE 2K15 Gameplay Videos and More From the YouTube Community

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Gameplay Videos and More From the YouTube Community within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #17
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K15 Gameplay Videos and More From the YouTube Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Yeah there is.

And to have such high expectations from this particular game is being ignorant of the past and the way things typically work in this industry.

First year games from companies are never as fully fleshed out as there potential would suggest.

Yearly titles first year on a new set of hardware are also typically a little shallower then then the previous years title on the previous generations hardware.

Now combine that's it a new company taking over a yearly franchise, not starting from scratch, AND the fact that it's the first year of a new generation

History would dictate that we should be getting something that looks great and has a lot of promise/heading in the right direction. But won't be as fully fleshed out or polished as it will be in the future. First year game=temper expectations.
I'm with you but it seems only EA gets "passes" and 3-5 yr improvement cycles. All I wanted was create a story mode. I think the career mode will get old after a play through but we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
That Rollins-Ambrose match was awesome!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #19
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

I don't know but to me this game looks really good. However that is probably because I haven't owned a wrestling game since the first Smackdown vs Raw so I'm pretty excited for this one.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #20
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
That Rollins-Ambrose match was awesome!
You ain't lying. This is exactly what I was saying in the other thread--wait and see how the game looks with the chain wrestling and the HUD turned on. That finish was absolutely wicked, and you could see what a huge effect stamina had on the gameplay.

My only concern gameplay wise is that it looked like Rollins didn't have enough time to do the turnbuckle dive he wanted to do, because he was climbing the ropes slowly, and Ambrose always got to his feet before Rollins could make the leap. It might be hard for guys with high-flying finishers...
Old 11-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
I'm with you but it seems only EA gets "passes" and 3-5 yr improvement cycles. All I wanted was create a story mode. I think the career mode will get old after a play through but we'll just have to wait and see.
Huh? Have you ever been in the Madden or Live forums? No developers get "passes" on OS except maybe the Show devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
You ain't lying. This is exactly what I was saying in the other thread--wait and see how the game looks with the chain wrestling and the HUD turned on. That finish was absolutely wicked, and you could see what a huge effect stamina had on the gameplay.

My only concern gameplay wise is that it looked like Rollins didn't have enough time to do the turnbuckle dive he wanted to do, because he was climbing the ropes slowly, and Ambrose always got to his feet before Rollins could make the leap. It might be hard for guys with high-flying finishers...
If this is the quality of matches that we can put on, then I am completely sold on this game. While sure it was pretty one sided but I'm sure there are ways to make it more evenly matched. The stamina and everything definitely make it more realistic it appears.

I wonder if Rollins is a high flying kind of guy in the game. I would imagine that the true high flyers would manage to use that top rope more often and there's a way to make that work? Maybe they are playing up the high risk element of things. Either way, I liked what I saw!
Old 11-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #23
Banned

Do we have to preorder to get Sting? I'm reconsidering picking this game up after being impressed by a few videos. But Target is giving $15 gift cards for WWE 2k15 on Black Friday. I'd rather wait to take advantage of that. But I'm a huge Sting fan, so unlocking him is a must.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #24
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
Do we have to preorder to get Sting? I'm reconsidering picking this game up after being impressed by a few videos. But Target is giving $15 gift cards for WWE 2k15 on Black Friday. I'd rather wait to take advantage of that. But I'm a huge Sting fan, so unlocking him is a must.
I'd assume he'll be released as DLC later, but that would be after all other DLC has come out, which is usually around February.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »