Home

In PES 2015, The Old Magic is Back on the Pitch (XB1/PS4 Review)

This is a discussion on In PES 2015, The Old Magic is Back on the Pitch (XB1/PS4 Review) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: In PES 2015, The Old Magic is Back on the Pitch (XB1/PS4 Review)

I got two new games today.

But, PES 2015 is better than both games.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
How can FIFA get a 9 score and PES a 8 ? Itīs baffling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
Co sign,fifa's 9 Is a joke, i mean com n the gameplay should have the main impact in graduation, and the PES gameplay Is just better at everything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman
As I see OS as my prime source for serious sports gamers I have to say that I am baffled that FIFA got a better score. Other sources are all about the shiny polish, OS is for the core game. And in this area PES excells FIFA by miles.
Keep in mind this review was/is for the PS4/XB1 so things like no option files, 5 less stadiums than current gen, the inability to use patches like SweetFX, etc... hurt the game.

Gameplay was the main positive about PES but it's about the total package, Online, Career Modes, Editing, etc...

PES is probably neck & neck with NBA2K when it comes to online stability, maybe worse since many users, myself included, have to jump off the internet to avoid the dreaded "Establish Connection" prompt that can sometimes freeze a game.

Master League & BAL Career Modes are stale and in-some areas, worse than years past. ML at a time was innovative. It had Youth Squads, in-depth stats, awards, etc... all before FIFA's Manager Mode. The reality is that Konami have done very little with it over the last few years. For offline players, it's a huge blow having this GREAT gameplay but a stale career mode. At some point, the off-the-pitch experience needs to rival the on-the-pitch experience.

And while Microsoft & Sony can take some of the blame regarding not allowing option file transfers the fact that Konami removed the pixel editor for jerseys on the NG systems is huge. The ability to create generic stadiums?.....gone.

I love the gameplay and can't wait til play it after my lil one goes to sleep but I believe an 8 (which is considered a Great game by the new scoring methodology) is fair considering the challenges. Now, I'll revisit it after it receives the patches to address fouls & stamina as well as the December DLC update.

Last edited by KG; 11-18-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #19
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Great points KG and spot on with my thoughts. Really hope with how great the gameplay is that they can make some improvements with ML going forward but unfortunately there are no micro-transactions for ML and fear it will be left behind with myClub.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 11-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Only thing I don't like about the game at this point is there is no option for CPU vs CPU matches. Have no idea why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Only thing I don't like about the game at this point is there is no option for CPU vs CPU matches. Have no idea why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I went looking for that today to no avail. Used to love setting up CPU vs CPU on Live Broadcast while I'm doing some work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Keep in mind this review was/is for the PS4/XB1 so things like no option files, 5 less stadiums than current gen, the inability to use patches like SweetFX, etc... hurt the game.

Gameplay was the main positive about PES but it's about the total package, Online, Career Modes, Editing, etc...

PES is probably neck & neck with NBA2K when it comes to online stability, maybe worse since many users, myself included, have to jump off the internet to avoid the dreaded "Establish Connection" prompt that can sometimes freeze a game.

Master League & BAL Career Modes are stale and in-some areas, worse than years past. ML at a time was innovative. It had Youth Squads, in-depth stats, awards, etc... all before FIFA's Manager Mode. The reality is that Konami have done very little with it over the last few years. For offline players, it's a huge blow having this GREAT gameplay but a stale career mode. At some point, the off-the-pitch experience needs to rival the on-the-pitch experience.

And while Microsoft & Sony can take some of the blame regarding not allowing option file transfers the fact that Konami removed the pixel editor for jerseys on the NG systems is huge. The ability to create generic stadiums?.....gone.

I love the gameplay and can't wait til play it after my lil one goes to sleep but I believe an 8 (which is considered a Great game by the new scoring methodology) is fair considering the challenges. Now, I'll revisit it after it receives the patches to address fouls & stamina as well as the December DLC update.

Ok i get all your points and i agree
so let me formulate differentlty how FIFA 15 is a 9 ? that s just not so OS
the gameplay is really poor, my point is there's no way a game get a 9 if the gameplay is not AAA especially here.
i think both game should be around 8 .
FIFA 7.5 PES 8
By the way it s just crazy how PES could progress in years to come while i don t see fifa going nowwhere
soory for the poor english
Old 11-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #23
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
Ok i get all your points and i agree
so let me formulate differentlty how FIFA 15 is a 9 ? that s just not so OS
the gameplay is really poor, my point is there's no way a game get a 9 if the gameplay is not AAA especially here.
i think both game should be around 8 .
FIFA 7.5 PES 8
By the way it s just crazy how PES could progress in years to come while i don t see fifa going nowwhere
soory for the poor english
As long as FIFA consumers buy the game especially for the atrocious thing called FUT and go in real money microtransactions, the game will never progress gameplay wise.
I see that FIFA 15 is PEGI 3+. This means that many people under 18 participate in a somewhat gambling game with real money. I haven't seen any particular disclaimer for FUT and I'm curious how EA distinguishes the use of credit cards by children inside this mode. It really looks too shady for me.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
As long as FIFA consumers buy the game especially for the atrocious thing called FUT and go in real money microtransactions, the game will never progress gameplay wise.
I see that FIFA 15 is PEGI 3+. This means that many people under 18 participate in a somewhat gambling game with real money. I haven't seen any particular disclaimer for FUT and I'm curious how EA distinguishes the use of credit cards by children inside this mode. It really looks too shady for me.
Read an interesting take on modes like FUT yesterday that said EA is/might look at stripping the mode out of the regular game and offer it as a free stand-alone game to maximize access. The thought behind it is of course $ and that the $60 price tag might be a barrier to more earnings if they offered it for free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »