Home

It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

This is a discussion on It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2014, 12:09 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

A major problem that I feel is overlooked mainly because of how bad the qb sack issue is, but I feel it's just as game breaking. When I first got the game, I thought it was 'tough' to run, mainly because I did mostly inside runs where defenders would make tackles through their blocks, or gaping wholes closed as soon as I accelerated. But the ai couldn't handle outside runs, especially in a 2 te set.

It was an easy 150 yards a game. If defense worked properly, I would have to mix up my playcalling, but instead in this game I would purposely 'mix' it up with inside runs just to help out the ai. So now we're dealing with highly accurate robo qbs across the board, yet they even nullify that by taking sack after sack, killing their own drives so they struggle to score. Then on defense they can't even make basic adjustments, so they give up a lot of points, meaning that for us offline players we're dealing with a broken game that is too easy and you have to house rule yourself, and even then it's not enough.

I shouldn't have to house rule myself with a game that comes out every year and said this was the smartest playing madden ever. 3rd and inches? They're not pinching their lineman. I motion my TE left?(the strength of my O-line) They randomly shift to the right or do nothing despite the obvious disadvantage that the defense is in. They hyped 'new' features like the tackle cone, which is just a tackle prompt and button change to what we had before, while ignoring that this game can't make basic defensive adjustments, even worse that much older football games can.

In the link below, they hype the improved ai, but I often saw the opposite, like my defenders swatting balls even though they were in a position to go for the pick.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-player-sense
Old 11-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
I was having this same problem because I really like to play smash mouth, up the gut football. What seems to have worked for me, is the reduction of the Run Block slider. I'm currently set at 15, and might drop it down to 10. Last game I played, I averaged 2-4 yards up the middle with an occasional 6-8
Old 11-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
Banned

I guess it makes you wonder why this piece of crap is "ALWAYS" getting higher scores than it actually deserves...!!! Bring back 2K and end all this EA non-sense!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
Banned

Madden has been utter rubbish since 2006.

EA has literally destroyed the franchise from a gameplay perspective.

Same issues since forever. Pathetic AI. DUMB team management. Useless features. Etc. etc. etc.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Wow, you read the NHL roster post, then come read this... It's... maddening lol. How does this happen and nobody has to answer for it?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Is that on All pro or All Madden?
I was playing on All-Madden, at the time. I haven't played enough of All-Pro to know if it makes a difference, but I'll look into it.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 11-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
A major problem that I feel is overlooked mainly because of how bad the qb sack issue is, but I feel it's just as game breaking. When I first got the game, I thought it was 'tough' to run, mainly because I did mostly inside runs where defenders would make tackles through their blocks, or gaping wholes closed as soon as I accelerated. But the ai couldn't handle outside runs, especially in a 2 te set.

It was an easy 150 yards a game. If defense worked properly, I would have to mix up my playcalling, but instead in this game I would purposely 'mix' it up with inside runs just to help out the ai. So now we're dealing with highly accurate robo qbs across the board, yet they even nullify that by taking sack after sack, killing their own drives so they struggle to score. Then on defense they can't even make basic adjustments, so they give up a lot of points, meaning that for us offline players we're dealing with a broken game that is too easy and you have to house rule yourself, and even then it's not enough.

I shouldn't have to house rule myself with a game that comes out every year and said this was the smartest playing madden ever. 3rd and inches? They're not pinching their lineman. I motion my TE left?(the strength of my O-line) They randomly shift to the right or do nothing despite the obvious disadvantage that the defense is in. They hyped 'new' features like the tackle cone, which is just a tackle prompt and button change to what we had before, while ignoring that this game can't make basic defensive adjustments, even worse that much older football games can.

In the link below, they hype the improved ai, but I often saw the opposite, like my defenders swatting balls even though they were in a position to go for the pick.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-player-sense
That was all just hype, like it is every year. They also said there would be more innacurate passes from QBs, but we still have robo QB.

The game doesnt change that much from year to year, and it hardly ever has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #16
Banned

If 2K can only release a generic football game with full customization and rival Madden,.only then would Madden step up there game. This is all nonsense....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »