Home

It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

This is a discussion on It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

Sorry to anyone said that this game has adaptive AI, because that is completely incorrect. First off, the AI is ridiculously dumb to begin with. It is on par with very elementary logic like those found in games from 15 years prior. There is absolutely ZERO adaptive AI. What it does have is a way to select a defense based on the play you select. Or if you audible, since it knows what you called, it will select from a pool of plays that COULD potentially stop that play. As far as individual players beginning to recognize patterns and reading things - that does not exist at all in madden and if you believe it does then there is no hope for you.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7
Why do people think 2K would magically fix this after not making a football game in 6 or 7 years, like they will just swoop and and solve everything. Doesnt work that way just look at NBA Live playing catch up.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon4 Re: It's 2014, And Madden's AI Is Still Playing on Rookie

I beat the CPU 77-0 on All-Pro, the other day using only 2 plays on offense and one play on defense. Ravens Wheel and HB Dive on O, and Will Sam Safety Blitz on D.

My usual spread is not even 30 points, when I mix up play calling. So to use the same exact plays over and over, yet more than double my spread was interesting, to say the least.

Another log in the OP's fire, from my perspective(with my experiment). I mean, Completing 80% of my passes with one singular play is and should be an embarrassment to the EA Tiburon Dev. Team, in this day and age.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #20
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Why do people think 2K would magically fix this after not making a football game in 6 or 7 years, like they will just swoop and and solve everything. Doesnt work that way just look at NBA Live playing catch up.
It's not about fixing anything it's about adding competition. I am not a live fan and EA does have a reputation of putting out a bad effort regardless of the competition but it would at least give consumers another option. The sad part is the other games did things that mimicked real football that Madden still doesn't do and that is sad.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
It's not about fixing anything it's about adding competition. I am not a live fan and EA does have a reputation of putting out a bad effort regardless of the competition but it would at least give consumers another option. The sad part is the other games did things that mimicked real football that Madden still doesn't do and that is sad.

Competition is great. I want that but this particular thread is about fixing a specific issue and just thinking adding another company into the NFL game mix will help solve that is too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

This isn't like the live series where it was stopped because it was just far inferior to 2k and the fans eventually played the better game. 2k football had things that still don't exist in Madden today way back in 2005 like the option to choose what you wanted to challenge on a particular play for instance.

2K stopped making football because of the license, not because it was falling behind like Live did. It had the ability to customize draft classes and a weekly gameplan prep in franchise mode nearly a decade before Madden did.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Exactly, and 2k isnt the same company it once was either that tried to do right by the customer. I never thought I would say this, but 2k has passed up EA on the scumbag list. Just look at how the NBA2k team has shafted the old gen users, yet oddly enough EA has supported Madden on the old gen game and patch issues. Granted it could and should be better than it is, but I will give EA credit for doing something. Back in the day when 2k was trying to make a name for themselves they were all about the gamer, but the last few years especially the last 2 they have lost all morals. Now Gameplay wise NBA2k on the old gen plays a very good game, but so did NBA2k14, and 15 is just a roster update of 14, with a few new animations, and a slight tweak defensively in a good way. But the game has issues, and it has issues that have been revelant for a few years now yet they refuse to fix it or acknowledge it.

I actually quit buying Madden a few years ago because of how poor it was and alogn with how EA did things, but overall I have enjoyed Madden15 with the right slider tweaks of course. Its far from perfect and the issue in this thread are definitely problems, although i dont have a easy time winning games against the AI, and actually stuggle quite often, but I have made it harder with sliders, plus I havent played Madden in a few years so Ims ure that has made a difference. Along with the fact that my health I know plays a part in me struggling to win at times.

I do think more than 1 company making a game is a good thing, because it makes companies step up their game and want to do right by its customers. I think thats why the NBA2k crew went from doing things right, to screwing its customers, because they have no competition. But anyone thinks that 2k after being out of football for a while now could come right in an even come close to competing against Madden is just fooling themselves. I do wish there was another company that would get into football again, but it would be atelast a few years before they were capable of competing against Madden.

I will say this while Im know nothing about making video games, my guess is out of all the sports games football is probably the hardest to make, just because of what all goes on in each and every play, where as basketball does have plays it dont have the action nor the contact in any play of that like football, and baseball is probably the easiest game of all to make, although 2k could never get baseball right, or even close to being average even,lol, thankfully we have MLBTS for baseball

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #24
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Just for the hell of it, I tried this myself on all madden, Packers (me) vs Vikings. I ran the hb dive out of the shotgun flex doubles formation and got the exact results as the OP. 12 plays, 72 yard touchdown drive on the first drive of the game.

3rd down is when I broke my longest runs. Minnesota would switch to a 3 downline man set and edge rush opening huge holes when I only needed 3 or 4 yards. They even did it on the 12th play, 3rd and goal from the 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »