Home

NBA Live 15 on Sale For $25

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 on Sale For $25 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15 on Sale For $25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Does live have an online 5 on 5 team up mode?
Not this year. Maybe next year.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
WOW

I was laughing and frustrated at the same time.

Even after knowing this tho, I would have bought it, had I had the money ... it is extremely affordable at this price (in normal cases), just that I am not within a normal case right now, hehehe ... hopefully things will get better and I will have the pleassure to enjoy the game further on.
Anybody that consistently does this to score should be banned from the game as that is clearly exploiting cheese. SO if you want to determine getting the game on that alone you would be making a mistake not getting the game.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:45 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Live has its own cheese:
Anybody that consistently does this to score should be banned from the game as that is clearly exploiting cheese. SO if you want to determine getting the game on that alone you would be making a mistake not getting the game
Old 11-29-2014, 01:43 AM   #20
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
They pace of the game is much more realistic than 2k, and you can't use the cheese that is available in 2k, either. If you are willing to give it a real chance, and take the time to learn the controls, it will be a great $25 investment.
Look. I am the first to defend NBA Live in many respects.

The defense is WAY funner to play. It actually responds to what you do. Because there is no online lag, you can actually play man to man defense. On 2k I can't even play defense offline because of input lag, let alone online.

Nba Live is much more realistic with dribbling. While some people might hate the shot timing, I love how it's more based on your timing than your players skill. Your players skill plays a big part, but when you get great releases it really matters.

The crowd is unmatched. Why 2K wouldn't actually get live audio from crowds I don't know. You can add 5 million modes, but when it's clear you hvae gameplay issues like input lag, and no crowd reaction overall, it's pretty sad that you wouldn't focus more on those core issues.

BUT. With all that said.

Live definitely has more cheese. As much as I defend live even on here, the cheese is pretty bad on live.

There are so many driving moves that are completely uninteruptable in live. Yes, again, they do a great job of collisions in the paint.

But if you've played Live against a great player you know you get cheesed the whole game.

Both games have cheese. I think Live did a great job of putting the cheese in the game that is necessary.

Some people think taking a charge before halfcourt is cheese. I say if your stupid enough to run me over you should get a foul. 2K avoids you. Live lets it happen. I think this is something some would call cheese but I feel is necessary.

Again. I spent 95 percent of this post defending live. But my main point is there is a ton of cheese too. The out of bounds thing is only the tip.

But if your intent is playing legit and realistic, the fouls, gameplay, defense, are all great. Post play is terrible right now (hopefully they patch it) but Live does a ton of things great that 2k doesn't. The atmosphere is great, and the game plays fun, close games feel great. While 2K can have a boring atmosphere making close games seem more dry.

It's give and take. But I don't want people lying saying Live has little to no cheese. Live still has a lot of cheese. But I feel like they will patch most of it. And I think there are so many great things about live, it's worth the $25
Old 11-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #21
Rookie

tb24ster's Arena

At least you can control your player with good response time on the controllers with live 15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 06:26 AM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This game is definitely worth $25 IMO....if you can afford to go give it a try I would definitely recommend it.

It's funny though: as many people talk about responsiveness, a lot of people seem to gloss over the lack of it this game can have.

If you timed a full swing around the perimeter in both games, Live would be a full second behind. Passing can feel like a chore sometimes and I think that's why they took away the ability to play passing lanes as a band aid for this.

Also the 'catch and go' game is just rough right now. You drop a pass to a big, there's a half to full second before he makes a move to get the basket, which can get you blocked in this game...that's if he doesn't take a jump shot because of the lack of contextual shots.

This stuff > crowd noise for me....
Old 11-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #23
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Crap, I missed it. Ah well, guess I'll get it for $15 around playoff time like I did 14 last year
Old 11-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I paid 60 and have no regrets. This is the time to budge!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »