Home

NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16

Electronic Arts recently emailed select NHL 15 owners a survey that asks for feedback on this year's game and attempts to judge fans' interest in a few potential features for NHL 16.

Forum user NJDEVIL30274 posted a cell phone screen capture of the survey on Electronic Arts' official forums, showing some of the new features that the company is considering:

GM Connected, the 180-player online franchise mode that debuted in NHL 13 and was dropped from the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions of NHL 15, is disappointingly absent from this list. Though given EA's statements on the mode's metrics during a public Q&A that was conducted back in August, its absence is perhaps expected.

It's no surprise, either, to see Ultimate Team receiving so much attention, since EA continues to tout it as the series' most-played mode. Recent earnings reports have placed Hockey Ultimate Team's year-over-year digital revenue gains at 50% and 113% for the first two fiscal quarters of 2015.

The return of the EA Sports Hockey League (which also brings in digital revenue via paid attribute boosts) seems inevitable, and will likely win back some fans who skipped NHL 15. Rebuilding old modes from past titles, however, may not be enough to reverse the franchise's negative momentum in North America, where retail sales have decreased every season since NHL 11.

Surely EA will have some bigger surprises to share with its fanbase by the time E3 arrives next June.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 15 Fan Survey Lists Modes EA is Considering for NHL 16

World Cup of Hockey with authentic teams is intriguing.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Just bring back EASHL and work on that, incorporate the Team Creator if you need a 'new' aspect. Don't need Zamboni Racing. SMH
Old 11-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
I really like the creat a team aspect. Incorporate that with Gameface. EASHL would be phenomenal
Old 11-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

TheKid40's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm assuming there is no BAGM with the Owner Mode taking over? Owner Mode does look pretty cool, as does The World Cup of Hockey. But Zamboni Mode? Really? Why even bother... Spend your time on the HOCKEY Modes, don't include some kind of racing Zamboni Mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

TSGuy's Arena

Owner mode!
Old 11-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
How about just a regular season mode. I enjoyed its reintroduction in NCAA. I love it in NHL on the PS3. Its implemented in 2k. I don't typically have the time to play multiple seasons in multiple games. I may be in the minority here but my gaming time is limited by things like work and family. I can deal with skipping through half a season. Play one game sim one in NBA and NHL. Or play through a whole season in Madden, FIFA, or PES. I'd rather enjoy multiple games playing one or 2 seasons rather than having to stick to one devoting the predominance of my time to scouting and training.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Thomas Veil's Arena

I just want the regular season mode back in where I can edit all teams...if that's not back I can consider any future release a disaster. GM mode does not do it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »